Surprises

Surprises

            Louis and I had just reached the house when Derrick stepped out of the door. When he saw that Louis was holding my hand, he growled softly. Louis tries to drop my hand, but I just tighten my grip on his. Sparks went flying whenever we touched and I loved it.

 I smile at my overprotective brother. “Dare, we need to talk. In private please.” I add when I hear the rest of my brothers make their way to the door.

            Derrick nods and leads the way to his office. He sits behind his huge red oak desk and Louis sits in a huge chair right in front of the desk. I shut the door and sit in Louis’s lap. I smile as his face turns a little red. He smiles and wraps his arms around me.

            “Derrick, I know that you and Louie here are old friends. But I want to reintroduce y’all to each other. Derrick Reid, I’d like you to meet Louis Cruise, my mate. Louis, this is Derrick Reid, my brother.” I keep my face blank, but on the inside I was smirking. And I could hear Angel laughing softly. Dare did not see that coming.

            Derrick stands up and walks to us. He shakes Louie’s hand. “Nice to meet you Louis. I’d just like to let you know that if you hurt Henri here, she has eleven older and very protective brothers that are the best at finding wolves.” I could hear the weight behind his words. He was letting Louis know that if he hurt me, then he and my brothers would hunt him down and kill him. I smile at Derrick.

            “Come on Louie.” I say standing up, pulling him with me. “Dare here is going to break the news to the others. But the two of us are going up to my room for a bit.” Louis laughs as I pull him out of the office. Keeping the smiles off of my face as I walk by my brothers, I nod to them. “Derrick wants to see y’all in his office.” I say softly.

            We stand at the foot of the stairs until the start down the hall. When they disappeared, I laugh at Louis and run up the stairs. By the time we reached my room, we were laughing so hard, I was crying. Louis opens my door and I jump on my bed. He looks around for a place to sit, and I pat the bed.  He smiles and sits beside me.

            I lay my head on his shoulder and sigh softly. “I’m so glad that I found you Louie.”

            “So am I Henri.” He wraps me in his arms and I snuggle closer to him. “Why did you ask me if I was going to reject you babe?” He whispers. I take a breath and close my eyes. “The pack that I was born into hated me. They used to beat me every day. On top of that, I found out that the alpha was my mate. To say that I was shocked and repulsed would be an understatement. He rejected me after the rest of the pack kids were in school. He didn’t want anyone around in case they over heard. He was ashamed that I was his mate.

            “So I left them. I didn’t let anyone know that I was leaving, but I left my older brother a note. Even though he hated me, I still loved him and he deserved to know why I was leaving. A few weeks later, I stumbled into Dare’s territory and he accepted me into his pack. And the guys accepted me as their little sister. I didn’t tell them where I came from, because I knew that they would have attacked them for what they did to me.

            “Even though they were cruel to me, I didn’t want them dead.” I sigh and start to draw circles on his chest with my finger. “It’s been four years since I’ve thought about any of them. Even though I threw everything I have into becoming one of the best warriors this pack has had, on the inside I was dying. I could still feel the pain when he would sleep with another girl. And today, when he marked another, I thought I was going to die. So you see,” I say trying to keep the tears from falling, “When I stumbled across you, you saved me.”