Chapter 17 | Decisions & Regrets

IMPERIA'S POV

"Mother, I hope everything is to your liking." I said as I knock on my mother's room door. She smiled when she sees me standing at the door.

"Oh Imperia, come in. It's perfect. You don't have to give me all of this even. Im just glad that you manage to find your sisters and I. Now we're together yet again. Just like old times but this time without your father ridiculous request." I watched as my mother went to the bed and sit down.

"So, whats the reason you're here, Imperia?" I was confused.

"Don't give me that look. The only reason why you're here right now is because there is something bothering you. I am your mother, Imperia. I know just by looking at you." I can't even lie to my mother.

"I just can't help to think if I should save my father or should I just let him rot in the hole. Part of me hated him to the core of my undead life but there is a small part of me wants to help him. What should I do?" I sat on the bed and lay on my side with my head on top of my mother's thigh.

It feels much better now that my mother is around. She's the epitome of the pillar in my life. I close my eyes as I enjoyed my mother's hands playing with my hair.

"Truth be told, Imperia, I wish to see him again. Not because I want to help him but to know why he goes to such extent to keep the status quo. In his mind, he has no room for revolution nor evolution. He was raised that way and I can't blame him. Honestly, he wasn't always that evil." I hardly can believe that.

"You're lying. He live his life as if he's been born that way. Repulsive, manipulative and evil. That's who he is." My mother chuckled.

"But he was the happiest vampire alive when you were born, Imperia. You see, we as pureblood, we tend to face difficulties in producing heir. But you were born despite everything, Imperia. He changed after the council and his father, your grandfather told him that the kingdom needs male heir. After hearing such request, he became obsessed to make his father happy. To the point destroying his own relationship with his daughter." I almost forgot that actually do have grandparents.

"Mother, I hope this is not your way of saying that I should save him from his imprisonment." My mother chuckled before kissing my head.

"Not really. I couldn't care less if he's rotting so where but, raised you to be a wise vampire, Imperia. I'm sure you know what to do next." In other words she's not telling me what is right and what is wrong.

"Have you heard anything from Baracus?" My mother suddenly asked about the vampire who sold her to the highest bidder.

"No. And I don't plan on doing such thing. Why?" My mother sighs.

"He was such a nice boy. Your father changed him to the creature he is today. Don't get me wrong, I don't appreciate the things he had done to me but still, I was the one who raised him. It wasn't my fault that his real mother was killed. It was your father's. That young maid trusted him and I couldn't stop the council from killing her." I got up and face my mother who felt guilty about the past.

"It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for someone else's mistake. Just forget about them. We will start a new life without the need to think about the past. Okay?" My mother nods before smiling at me.

"Just promise me that you won't indulge yourself in your work. Don't make it as an obligation to get back our kingdom. Sure, your ancestor build it from the ashes but the ones who destroyed them are not you. It was your father and Baracus. They are the ones responsible, not you. Let them handle the aftermath." I know my mother is trying to make me feel okay but I am a queen without a kingdom.