Chapter Two

I just get home to see Eli walking to the house. It kinda looks like she is limping and it looks like she has a black eye. I run over to her and sure enough there is a deep purple circle around her eye, and she has tonns of bruises all over her.

I stop her and ask her what happened. 'Sapphire it doesn't matter can you just drop it' she steps back from me with fear in her eyes.

I guess she can see the anger showing on my face 'no I will not just drop it. Someone beat the shit out of you and you are going to tell me who and I will give them what they deserve. Was it Andy?'

Andy is, well was by what I knew, her abusive ex boyfriend. I can't see why a 16 year old guy would beat the shit out of a beautiful young girl 2 years younger than him.

She starts crying and I wipe her light brown hair from her face then give her a big hug. 'Shhh it will be ok' I whisper in her ear while rubbing he back and smoothing down her hair. We walk/limp up to the house and I sit her on the couch. I look in the freezer, A bag of peas will have to do.

After I hand her the peas for her swollen eye I grab a towel and some soothing bath oils, that Scott gave me for my birthday, and run Eli a warm bath for her bruses and aching bones.
——
I know exactuly were Andy lives and as soon as Eli got in the bath I walked/joged to his house. I was fiercely knocking on the door until his younger sister answered the door.

She was about 5 and so cute with her curly brown hair and wide smile greeting me when she opened the door. 'Hey sweetie is Andy home? Could you get him for me please?'

She runs off to find him. Standing out side at about 6pm in the winter wind, is when I realise that I'm still in my shorts and singlet from this morning. Andy walked up to the door and stopped in his tracks when he saw me, the smile vanished and a flash of terror washed across his face.

'Can u walk with me for a moment' that came out angrier than I thought. 'Umm...ahhh. MUM IM GOING FOR A WALK WILL BE HOME SOON!' He yells inside and closes the door. His voice is a little shakey but he has hurt Eli before and he knows what is coming.

As we turn down a street away from his house and away from other people I push him against someone's fence and he starts crying. Wait this isn't the Andy I know. Andy is normally strong and frights back, I loosen my grip a little.

'What were u thinking. Hurting my sister like that.' My voice coming out strong and powerful. 'I..I couldn't keep it i..in. Sh..she was accusing me of cheating on h..her. I c..couldn't keep my anger in.' He stumbles over his words as tears are running down his face.

I move my arm off him and lean against the fence to sit on the ground and he sits as well. 'I know you must be angry at me.' 'Furious' I cut in. 'Just let me finish. I know you are furious at me and I'm sorry for breaking down like that but I'm going to counselling classes and they pound it into me every time I do something aggressive.'

He looks at his shoes after a couple of minutes of silence I finnaly reply 'yes I am furious and i wont forgive you, you shouldn't have done that and I'm telling you now that you are not aloud to see my sister until you have your anger under control and if she even wants to talk to you again, but if your going to counselling then why did you do it?'

'I don't know it just took over.' He stands up and starts walking home. Without a goodbye I do the same.