Chapter Six

Scott and I still haven't talked and I barely got any sleep so at 6 I decided against the idea of trying to sleep again and go for a run.

Running seams to be a new routine to me as I turn the corner to the park. I can see a figure sitting on the bench I was sitting at yesterday and I slowely jog over there.

The figure turns as he hears me approach and his emerald eyes go from soft and calm hard and angry in an instant but he stays sitting. I decide to break the tension as I slow to a walk "breathtaking isn't it." I form a small smile but drop it as he sighs and turns to face the lake and mountains in front of him.

"I can explain you know and I don't want what happened yesterday.." I rehearsed what I was going to say if he was there but he just buts in making me forget what I was going to say.

"I don't need explanations"
I stop walking and just look at the back of his dark hair but he stands and starts to walk. I run up to him and grab his arm.

"Look, Alex you seem like a really nice guy and I don't want my stupid brother to mess up a friendship. I don't have that many frien..." I just started rambling on but he stopped and lifted my head to look into his eyes.

That's when I realized how close we were and tried to step back but he had placed a hand on my lower back without me noticing.

His eyes looked confused "your brother? Is that who called yesterday?" His eyes almost like they regretted leaving yesterday but it was hard to tell as he covered it up with a emotionless look I couldn't figure out.

"Ah yes and no" he looked even more confused. "I grew up with Scott my whole life and he is basicly a big brother to me."

Alex steps away and takes his hand off my back. "I understand. I feel bad for jumping to conclusions like that. Would you like to go for some breakfast?"

I was kind of shocked by the offer, "oh um yeah sure. Anywhere particular?"
"I know just the spot. Did you bring a car?"

"I don't own a car. I like running, its healthy and you breath in all the fresh air"
"I don't own a car either. That's ok its not far from here"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk for less than 10 minutes and we stop outside a cafe.

"Chocolate frappé?" Alex's expression changes back to calm and loving? Wait!! How did he know my favorite drink?

"Ah yes please" Alex smiles, oh god that's a hot smile, nodds and walks to the counter.

I walk to my favorite seat in the shop. I use to come here every day on my way home from school. Even if it was just to watch everyone talking and smiling with someone they love.

Was Alex stalking me? How did he know my favorite drink? How did he know about this cafe? There were closer ones by the park.

I was lost in my thoughts I didn't notice Alex sit beside me in the sun looking out to the little girl feeding the seagulls some of her ham and lettuce sandwich.

"Hey Alex, how did you know my favorite drink was chocolate frappé?" My expression must have been priceless because he turns to face me and starts laughing, not uncontrollably just laughing.

"You would like to know wouldn't you." A new waitress that I don't know hands us our drinks and asked us if we needed anything else. She was fluttering her lashes and staring right into his eyes like I wasnt even there. What a slut.

"Nothing else thank you" Alex and I just started talking small talk that progressed to work and that reminded me that I had work in 40 minutes and still needed to change at home. I said my goodbyes to Alex after we exchanged numbers and headed my way home.