Prologue

When my father died I was 3 years old and my mother was pregnant with my sister Eleanor, ever since then my whole life has gone down hill.

Whenever Eleanor or I would ask where dad was mum would say he died in a car crash then she would walk out the house and drink everything away. I didn't really understand at such a young age.

When Eleanor was born my Mother couldn't go back to work so she struggled to look after us properly, I mean a 18 year old with a screaming toddler and a screamimg newborn it's hard for a single mother who can barely afford food.

Now at the age of 17 things are still really hard. I've had to work my ass off since I was 14 so I can get enough money for me and Eleanor so we could get at least a meal each day because every bit of money my Mother had went strait to poker and drugs.

I dropped out of school last year so that I could get a full time job while Eli still goes to school and will hopefully follow her dream and become a doctor.

Eli is one of those smart, funny, pretty, popular kids that everyone is jealous about with her dusty light brown wavy hair that reaches just past her shoulders, and her hazel/grey eyes.

Looking at photos of my Father compared to Eli they have the same features, hair/eyes/skin, where I take after my Mother with my long strait black hair, tan skin and dark green eyes. I even have my dimples in the same spot as my Mother.

But neither of us are anything like our parents and never will be. We will stick by each other and achieve our goals in life without worry.