Chapter 4: The General

Flashback part 2:

Gandrial's POV

Slik swung his silver studded sword towards Landor's shoulder, but Landor smirked and moved to the side. Landor took out his knife, a eleven dagger, while the two recruits took out their weapons, one had two Nordish War Axes and the other had an Eleven Bow. Slik laughed when he recovered from the miss when he saw the dagger used as a weapon.

The bowman put an arrow in her bow while Slik was laughing, but Landor saw her. When she put tension on the string, he threw an iron dagger, that he got from the back of his cape, with his left hand. The iron dagger cut the string of the bow and now she was defenseless, but a mere steel dagger.

The other recruit was charging Landor while the iron dagger was in the air, but Landor saw him too. The orc recruit sliced at Landor with his two axes. But Landor put away his dagger and put his hands inbetween the orc's and pushed the orc's arms wide enough to miss his shoulders. Then Landor dropped his hand down to the orc's waist where the orc's daggers were and brought them out of its holsters while flipping them upwards. With the force of taking them out, Landor stabbed him in underneath the shoulders, the armpit, one of the very few unprotected spots in the orcish heavy army he was wearing. The orc dropped his axes, because he couldn't move his arms anymore. That is when Landor finished him, by kicking him to the ground, the kicking off his helmet and slitting his throat.

Slik watched in horror, but still remained in a steady defensive position near a wooden wall for support, letting Landor attack first, wrong idea-well facing him is a pretty bad idea.

Landor kicked dirt up at Slik's face. While Slik was trying to regain his vision, Landor threw a fork shaped knife that came from under his cape at Slik's neck. The knife's forks went into the wall and the part that attached the forks and the handle was cushioned so it didn't kill the target on impact. The knife was wide enough to keep Slik's neck safe but thin enough that his head or shoulders couldn't slide through. Then Landor threw two more keeping Slik's wrists in place and then finally his ankles. Landor then crouched down level to Slik's eyes looking into them and said, "Stealing food is not a policy in this town."

Then a sword touched his back just barely giving a pinch. A guard said, "And stealing money or killing someone is not a policy in this town too. You're under arrest."

Landor got up with his hands up while Slik was laughing, but townsmen got in between the guards and Landor. The townsmen started to make a circle around guards and startled yelling at the guards to not arrest Landor. The guards told everyone to be quiet and explain what happen.

Not in five centuries, a guard has let a crime slide, because of civilian forces, but Landor broke the streak... Maybe. Everyone cheered at the guards decisions and it seemed that Skandorian was free from the Victorian bullies.

Landor rose his arms in joy, then the guard said, "We must show you to the general," then the guard spoke louder, "And any witnesses come too!"

I came because I had a story and because I was curious about what will happen. The Lady and I stepped in front of the guard. The guard whispered to me and the Lady, "You may be targets of the Victorians now." I nodded and looked at Landor. He was smiling, but it wasn't at me, it was at the sky. I just shrugged it off and walked with the guards, Landor and the Lady to the castle. It was a long pathway which dropped to a cliff so the pathway was the only way to the castle. The guards opened the door and said, "We need to see the-"

Landor interrupted him and shouted, "Where is the red carpet? I know I walked on it yesterday, but it should be washed by now." I was about to strangle Landor, you just can't do that in a castle.