Chapter 14: Bonds of the Unliving

Landor's POV

Ligos came back with the finished wagon finally. So now we can get started on the task at hand, the raid. I helped Ligos push up the surprisingly heavy wagon. When we got to the road, this random person threw the seat up and sat up from the hidden place under the seat. It was a woman. That is when I turned to Ligos.

He looked over to me and I said, "I am guessing you know her."

He nodded sheepishly. I shook my head and I had him explain the story. It was another one of those stories where he gets tricked into something by a female which happens quite often. Luckily I was feeling nice that day and told him, she will be part of our crew of The Plummit.

We, ALL-including which we now know is Sadia- pushed the wagon to the town and went to the stable to buy a horse. After arguing about which horse to get, Ligos and I settled it in an old Elf game called the Eagle's Choice. The first player to find a bird wins. I found it first so I chose a white horse with two red stripes across the body that link up at the horse head. The horse had a white mane and tail with black hooves and black eyes. I was the one to fish out the 750 gold for the horse.

We attached the makeshift saddle for the horse to connect to the wagon. Then I got in the secret seat under the seat. Ligos took the reins while Sadia sat next to him. We headed to Nordith, Aela's town, and prepared for the Raid.

After having a very uncomfortable ride in the secret seat, we finally got to the gates of Nordith. The guards stopped our cart and searched almost everywhere in the wagon except where I was hiding. So far our plan worked because I didn't get turned in because I apparently have a bounty in Nordith since Aela placed one on me.

After we went through the gate, Ligos brought the wagon near the shadows of the wall. I got out and I told the plan.

I was to get the guards guarding the door of the armory away from their posts by pushing them and having them chase me. While that was happening Ligos and Sadia will fill up the wagon with armor and weapons.

So I silently walked to the armory crouched down near the wall. I saw two guards at their post of the armory doors. I ran up to one of them and pushed him down. I dashed off and the guards chased after me.

That was Ligos' and Sadia's signal to get to the armory. I went to get more guards distracted. I ran past many guards and after about ten minutes running there was about ten guards chasing me. I heard Ligos' whistle and I knew it was time to ditch the guards.

I went to a side of a building and surveyed it, trying to find ways to get up it. I found a barrel leading to an open air market place and then a balcony. I ran and jumped on the barrel with one foot, but it collapsed beneath me. I fell and face-planted right into the dirt.

I looked up and was surrounded by guards, there was no escaping this one. I looked at the barrel and saw an arrow. So it wasn't my weight that broke the barrel.

I stood up picking up the arrow, "Who was the one that shot this?"

A guard stepped in front of everyone else. He was a strong man with messy blonde hair. He said in a very confident voice, "I did."

I asked still curious, "How did you destroy that barrel with one shot."

He walked up to me, "Everything has a weakness even the things that aren't living."

I was impressed until I saw Aela walking out of her palace. I started to whistle like a bird calling for Ligos.

Then the guard said, "No if you want to impress Aela whistle like this." Then he wolf whistled to her.

I snickered and shook my head at the guard, "What's your name?"

He said in proud tone, "Stricilton."

I saw from the corner of my eye, Ligos with the wagon at a decent speed heading to us. I calculated my exit and when Ligos was about 20 feet away, I threw a knife at a guard's leg that was about 5 feet away from me. The guard fell to his knees and I ran to him jumping off his back propelling myself to the wagon. I landed in the back where all the weapons and armor were, which although painful landing- it was a successful one and that is all that matters. I then noticed 5 chests against a side of the wagon. But there were still weapons and armor on the floor of the wagon. They were just against a side so there was room in the middle to sit. That's means a lot of loot.

We then saw the gate.... It was closed. I yelled out to Ligos to shoot the sides of the gate. So Sadia took the reins of the horse and Ligos and I shot the gate's bolts attaching it to the wall. We were finished shooting, but the gate wasn't falling down, all it needed was a little push.

So I searched for a weapon and I found a heavy mace and hurled it at the gate. Success! The two doors collapsed down. We rode over the gates- which was a very bumpy ride- that scattered all the weapons and armor on the wagon's floor. Just when we thought we were clear an arrow whizzed by my head and just missed Ligos.

I had to do something, so I picked up a shield and tried to block some arrows. I yelled at Ligos to get into the forest. After blocking five arrows, we were in the forest covered from arrows by pine trees. Then I heard something, men yelling and screaming. Their we're guards chasing us on horses. I aimed my bow at one of them but lost aim when Ligos made a sharp turn. I looked over to him and then I saw what he was doing.

He was avoiding bandits. One of them jumped onto the back of the wagon with me. I took out my sword ready to fight.

He swung his axe at my left shoulder but intercepted it by kicked him in the gut before the blade managed to slice through me. His body hit the side of the wagon but regained balance quickly. He lunged at me with his axe but I hit it down into the wagon floor with the blunt end of my sword.

He let go of the axe and took out his dagger. He tried to stab me in the stomach with his right hand and I went to dodge it. When I dodged it, he punched me in the face with his left. He faked the stab, eh.

I wiped off the blood and saw that he got a sword and a shield from the flooring of the wagon. He swung at my left shoulder with the sword. I parried it with my sword. While my sword was parrying his, he bashed me into the wagon wall with his shield. I went for another trap!

I dropped my sword in pain and I slid into the wall defenseless. I got up and saw him charging at me, then I saw a shield next to me. I kicked it into his ankle and fell face first onto the Wagon's floor. I then picked up a sword from the ground and decapitated him while he was getting up.

I looted his body and then threw his head and body over the side of the wagon. Then I looked around noticing how messy the wagon floor was. Their we're weapons and armor all over the sides of the wagon with a few in the middle.

I looked for the guards again and came to the conclusion the bandits killed them. I sat down sighing and we went to Stelant, Clorida's town, to find a crew.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I fixed part number 11 and 13 so check those out. Only the beginning for 11 so don't read the whole thing if you don't want to.

This was a pretty long part because it was pretty long wait so I had to do something good.

I may make a new book that I wills consistently write on-hopefully. But I will see.

So bye