Chapter 9- Tournament

Landor's POV

I walked in like I was blind stumbling with each step. I stumbled to the center of the arena. I looked around seeing thousands of people watching me.

Two guards came up to me and patted me down and brought out all my weapons: rope, a flat rock and a wooden sword. The two guards lifted up my weapons snickering. Everyone laughed in disbelief.

The announcer shouted, "So we have a man thinking of beating a general with a wooden sword, rock and some rope. By the way he stumbled in; I say he is drunk."

I just turned to Aela and put out my hand.

Aela went to shake my hand in good sport but then she went for my hood. She unveiled my faced and everyone gasped.

The announcer shouted, "An elf? They don't even know their handle from their blade. All they know is how to do is shoot a bow."

I then took all my weapons back and started walking to the starting circle.

The announcer still not finished shouted, "Wait, wait, wait. How does an elf get to be in the final round automatically?"

Aela turned to the crowds and shouted, "So the elf has the strongest one to beat him up; just to make sure it hurts enough. And believe me it will hurt him."

I got to my circle and Aela did too, when the announcer said, "Put in your bets now, once the fight starts there will be no more bets."

Everyone raced to Aela's stand this time except for Ligos betting 1000 gold as planned. The announcer noticed this and shouted once again- Does this guy get payed for every word, I mean seriously shut up- "Who in the name of Skandorian would think that the elf would win? Tell me your name, sir."

Ligos walked to him and said, "My name is Ligos, son of Lorden."

The announcer asked, "Why would you vote for him?"

He lifted his hood and showed his face boldly, "Elves stay loyal to their companions like and arrow is to the bow. With no arrows the bow can't function. Landor knows what he has gotten himself into."

The announcer rolled his eyes and said, "Okay, all bets are done; the fight will begin in thirty seconds."

I knelt down and prayed in the middle of the starting circle. I prayed to the Lord of Paro.

The god of poor and weak. I hoped that he will help me win the fight with the poorest weapons.

I then got up into my offensive fighting stance. I heard the announcer counting down 5...4...3...2...1....Begin!

Aela took the first move charging at me. I waited for her sword to be at the striking position. I dodged the swing and when her sword was at the left because of the miss, I hit her in the side with the wooden sword.

Sadly the sword took more damage than it did, so she didn't flinch. While she had the two handed sword at her left she elbowed me in the cheek bringing back her sword in the ready position. I stumbled a bit backwards after that, but got my balance back.

I was attack by many swings of her sword, left, right, left. I tried to block them with the thickest part of sword. I finally ended the attack by blocking her sword then I lifting up her sword with mine, I punched her in the stomach with the rock in my left hand.

She was stunned for a few seconds, so I gathered some dirt off the arena ground and kept it in my left hand having to drop the rock. When she came to strike at me again I threw the dirt in her eyes.

She just snickered and said, "I have trained fighting with no sight for 2 years. I have ears of a fox. I can fight like I had vision."

She swung her sword to her left and well let's just say that is where I was standing. I blocked it with my sword and from the power of her swing and the poorness of the sword's grip and my handle on the sword- mainly the grip- I dropped it. The sword was chipped up pretty badly now that I see it on the ground.

She heard the sword drop and smirked. I quickly ran for the rock. She stayed in her position waiting for me to fight her. I silently walked up to her. She turned towards me almost completely correct.

I was thinking how I could win this battle. Sword against rock. I then saw the wooden sword on the ground, I was about to run for that too but instead I threw the rock at the wooden sword.

The rock hit the chipped up part of the sword and snapped. The snapping noise was like the sound of me stepping on the sword, because the rock was flat. When Aela heard it she smirked thinking I stepped on the sword

She turned to the sword and swung her sword into the ground. She turned her back leaving me a wide open hit. I hit her near the top of her shoulder in between the shoulder blade and neck that temporarily knocked her out. She fell to the ground.

The crowd stayed silent, for about a minute and the guard came up to me and lifted up my arm stating I was the winner.

No one cheered because they all lost their money, except Ligos. I was given the money for winning the tournament 500 gold and a ribbon. I was led outside where Ligos greeted me. He told me to meet him at the Elder Inn tonight. He then went up to the betting stand and collected his money he earned.

//////////2 hours after the tournament/////////

I was walking through Nordith to boast about my victory against Aela, but then I saw a sign.

It read,

"Ball at the Hall of Gandor.

Every city is allowed to come.

Formal dance must wear something nice.

Time: 7:30"

And in bold the sign said, "NO ELVES ALLOWED"

I quickly went to each town on my horse and saw the signs everywhere. I smirked and looked up in the sky. The moon was above the tree line. It is time to go to the inn.

---------------------------------------

This one took awhile to was my first fighting scene. Well I wanted to be good so I thought about it for a long time.

I hope it is pretty good.

I am getting ready to introduce the actual plot

So in a few parts you'll see an enemy.