Chapter 10: Ale is It

Landor's POV

I walked into the town, Doriat, and found the Elder Inn. I looked around and saw musicians, beggars, mercenaries and a fight. I ran over and I saw two humans fighting.

The first one, blonde longish hair man, seemed like he was as strong as a bull and the second one was- wait- a woman?!?! Wow what is this- woman can't fight...

I watched the fight in the crowd circling the fighters. I saw the woman dodge two punches and tripped the man with her feet. The man got up dazed, because I am sure this wasn't the first time he was on the ground.

He threw a quick punch at her face that just missed, then punched her in the stomach with all his strength that he had left.

The woman staggered but returned with two fake punches and the a kick to the chest. He trying to keep his balance staggering backwards until he hit the wall. He caught himself from fall and when he looked up there was punch waiting for him across his cheek.

He fell down and gave up. The woman smiled and put out her hand.

The man went to grab it thinking it was help, but the woman said, "The money."

The man took his hand away and reached for his pocket, 100 gold was handed to her. Then she walked away to her table in the corner.

Everyone dispersed to their bench, table or stool. I was left and helped the man up. He smelled of ale.

I lifted him up and he told me shuddering, "Tha- tha- Thank you."

I then looked around searching for Ligos. I saw him at the far back with his hood on. I could tell it was his hood because of the red stripe on it. I walked over and sat down.

I said, "Have you've been here before?"

Ligos smiled, "No," then he snickered, "but quite a place though isn't?"

"Yeah, but-"

Then a woman interupted us, "Need a drink?"

Ligos looked up and said, "Ardain Ale." It is a lighter ale that will take around five rounds before someone starts getting drunk.

I said, "Dwarven Whiskey." The strongest of drinks a half a bottle could get someone drunk as a skunk.

Before she could take that into account, Ligos said, "You are not going to get that! This place is no place to walk around drunk. Everyone around here would have a frenzy pick pocketing you, humiliating you and probably kill you."

I argued, "Just because I can hold my liquor does not mean you can get jealous. Dwarven Whiskey is like Ardain Ale to me."

Ligos getting too mad to think, "Oh yeah how about a drinking contest!"

I smirked imitating Ligos' voice, "Woah, woah, woah.This place is no place to walk around drunk. Everyone around here would have a frenzy pick pocketing you, humiliating you and probably kill you."

The waitress chuckled and I said, "I will actually have the Ardain Ale."

Ligos slouched down and calmed down shaking his head on how I set him up.

I smiled and said, "Oh c'mon it was a joke."

Ligos said hiding something, "Yeah.... I know...."

"What is wrong then?"

"Nothing."

"I know you are mad at something..."

"Fine, I am mad because you always make woman laugh when I can't."

"She didn't laugh."

"She chuckled."

"Ligos, you made woman laugh all the time back when we were hunting."

"Those were elves."

"Well soon you will learn how to make humans laugh."

"Well now that I think of it, it doesn't matter."

"Now you are thinking like me."

The waitress came back with our drinks, "Here you go."

When she left, Ligos opened up a map that had the title:

The Plimmage

---------------------------------------

Hey,

This update took a while, I know again, mainly because of biology class.

Basically last weekend was no video games just homework

Well this update was supposed to be eventful but I guess I got carried away, but next, next update will start well you'll have to read it.