Chapter 14: This is War

Friday came at last. There was a small drizzle when I woke up, both myself and Loki were not exactly morning people. We shuffled around each other in the kitchen, making coffee for myself, him attempting his shiny waffle iron. I finally had to help him when he burnt three. Chocolate chip waffles should never be burnt. We ate, exchanging small talk of last nights marathon. The two of us relaxed until about 1:30 in the afternoon. We both got clothes together, myself a simple blue shirt and jeans, a pair of sneakers too. Loki was dressed in a simple yet elegant suit, a green scarf around his neck. We left the building to meet the driver downstairs.

"So, where are we going exactly, love?" Loki asked once we were inside the car, giving me a sly smile. I punched his arm lightly.

"My apartment first, I promised Emily she would come as well." He sighed, and directed the driver. Apparently Loki and Emily weren't exactly on good terms. This should be fun to watch.

I walked up the stairs, my god of mischief at my heels. He barely lets me out of his sight since my fall. I knocked on the familiar door to my apartment that I shared with the Scarlet Sorceress. It opened to find my red headed best friend, lunging herself into me for a hug.

"Are you alright?! It's today right? Ah, you still have a bump on the back of you head." Feeling the back of my head lightly with her hand, she stepped back to look at me, well..us. She glared at my space invader. Loki glanced her way, smiling in that cocky way again. He pulled me even closer to his side, I could feel the heat radiating from him. Emily grabbed my hand and dragged me downstairs, trying to get distance from Loki. When he was out of earshot.

"Why the hell is that creep here?" Why does everyone find him creepy?

"He wanted to come, it's his tesseract anyway." Walking out of the building, ending the conversation. I really didn't want to discuss this at the moment. We reached the front of Xaviers school by 2:46, the lot was completely empty, just as he said. We jogged across the lawn, coming to the large wooden doors of the entrance. The school was amazing, high ceilings with complicated patterns. Deep carpeted hallways, fine wood doors. It looked more like a mansion than a school. The three of us came to a large office, where Xavier must be. Loki, being the arrogant ass he is, burst through the double doors motioning us in. You could just hear the theme music playing in his head. I had to restrain myself from facepalming or just smacking him upside the head.

"Hello Jennifer, I assume these are your friends?" Spoke a bald man, old but a face that seemed ageless, sitting in a wheelchair behind his desk. I assumed this was Xavier.

"Um, yes. This is Emily and ...Loki." I didn't really know what else to call him, so why not?

Loki held up his staff when his name was called, acting like he was the center of all attention. Emily and I only glared at him.

"Yes, I had a feeling you were coming Loki. Please, sit." He motioned to three chairs sitting in front of his desk, he really did know we were coming. Once we were comfortable in the deep red leather chairs he had out for us, he began again.

"Now, why might you be here today." Looking directly at me.

"Xavier, I've come for your help. As you probably know I stole the tesseract from Loki a few months back, but gave it to Magneto to keep safe. Recently we were told that he intends to use the tesseract as a weapon. We'd like your assistance to stopping whatever he has planned." Trying to sound as formal as possible. He nodded.

"I had a feeling. I will gladly help you Jen, but what will happen once Magneto is stopped, will you resume your crime and take back the tesseract?" I could feel all three pairs of eyes on me. The kind understanding eyes of my best friend, the girl who would go along with me to do the right thing, even if it means joining Xavier. The wise eyes of Xavier, who I was actually starting to trust in this short time. And Loki, confusing manipulative Loki. Whatever I said would surely upset him.

"Actually I have decided...."

-------- Peter's POV Daily Bugle 

I tried to keep my mind on my work, getting the pictures together to show J. Jamison. My mind kept wondering to Jen, I was still pretty mad at her. She chose that asshole over me. The two of them, alone in his apartment...of course something was going on. I trusted Jen, but..... The lights above me went out, and the rest of them. In fact, the whole buildings power went out. I pulled out my phone, dead. But it couldn't be, charged it last night and everything. Outside I could hear screaming. I ran to the window. Outside, all the buildings were out, down below at the square were a group of people. But not just anyone, the Brotherhood. I've fought them before, but not a huge group like this. All of us ran to the square as the main man, Magneto, was going on this rant about using his new machine to be rid of any and all electronic or man made devise, then slowly destroy all the non-mutants. I heard enough, time for Spiderman.

------- Jen's POV

We were just finished discussing terms, Loki pouting beside me, looking utterly defeated, when a young man burst through the door. It just happened to be Scott.

"Xavier! Magneto is on main street, he's declared war on the non-mutants. He's slowly shutting down all power to everything in his machine's perimeter." He was frantic. The three of us stood, Scott was looking at Loki, getting even more freaked out when he came in here. 

"Scott, gather everyone. We may just have to fight his war." Xavier spoke gravily as he rolled to be beside us. The lights above us began to flicker.

"Suit up, and get to main street." He said to all of us. Emily and I exchanged grins, itching for one last big fight as our other halves. Loki, still pouting, stood next to us, ready for a battle suited for a god. The three of us raced to the apartment, locking Loki outside in the hallway, and stumbling in the blackout for our alter-egos. We found Loki on the stairs below, waiting for us.

"You look fantastic Jen." Smiling up at me.

"What about me?" Emily grinned. Loki looked her up and down, and gave me his must-I-speak-to-her? face. I hit up upside the head, something I've been wanting to do for days, but he's to tall. We ran to our car, but it had stopped working. Lucky for us, main street wasn't to far away, plus we could already see some X-kids run to the scene. We ran with them.

Everyone was running, screaming. Mutants were throwing cars, killing the innocent, creating huge holes in everything. It was horrific. Loki was beside me, now in his Asgardian clothing, goat helmet, and spear. The tesseract was in a machine in the center of the park, killing all the power to everything around us. He really didn't know the tesseracts potential. I caught sight of something above me, something flying to the war sight. Spiderman. Everyone was here. This really is war.

----------

Hey guys! I finally got the chance to upload a chapter!! Sorry its kind short. What do ya think? I'll try not to take so long to upload the next chapter this time, maybe....anyway, leave your comments, questions and concerns below, and if you like it, vote!!!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW MADDIE?! -__- lol Happy Halloween everyone! ^_^

Love ya'll! thanks for reading!