Chapter 10: One Hell of a Day

recap: The Avengers are looking for Jen and the tesseract. The tesseract is now in the hands of Magneto and the brotherhood. Jen and Peter (Spiderman) have just started dating. Jen has not joined the Brotherhood or Xavier but has committed small crimes with Emily (Scarlet Sorceress). The three months Stark gave Xavier is about up. end recap.

-----

I usually talk or just think to myself when cleaning my weapons in the morning. Its just relaxing. I started off with my silver jagged throwing knife with the black handle. It wasn't long ago when I got all of these knives and my gun. It was about two months ago, Emily and I went to the underground market, for criminals only. We had sold the jewelry that we stole from the mall, with Emily's advice I had gotten weapons for close combat with enemies. I picked up my six-inch long blade and started to shine it. I began to think about Peter. We've been dating about two months and things were going pretty great for dating a super hero. He's only had to leave four times while on a date with me to do his Spiderman thing. He's told me about his last girlfriend, MJ. Plus he's happy to have someone to talk to about his super hero adventures. I cleaned off some blood stains on my short knife. Somehow my thoughts shifted to the Avengers, and Loki. I found myself missing my uncle one day, I almost wanted to call him, but I would be arrested soon after. If I wasn't a criminal, would we get along? Hell if I know. I wonder if Loki was still in their custody. He really could get out whenever he wanted to, I've seen him and his magic. I was about done cleaning my gun when Emily knocked on my door.

"Enter."

She walked in and sat on my bed, it was unusual because usually she'd start talking as soon as she knocked on the door, but she was silent.

"Is miss chatterbox loosing her voice?" I sarcastically laughed.

"Jen...I just got a call." She seemed so distracted.

"From who?" I turned to fully face her, kind of worried about her.

"A few actually."

"How many?"

"Three." She wouldn't look at me anymore.

"From.Who??" I stood up so she would look at me, she's never been like this. Before she could answer my burn phone rang. I picked it up, still looking at Emily.

"Hello?"

Hey Jen!

"Oh! Peter, hey." Emily gave me the I'll-talk-to-you-later-but-keep-it-short sign and left the room, and its a good thing she did.

Jen, you'll never guess who came into town today!

"who?"

Captain Rogers!

My jaw fell to the floor, crashing through the floor boards, down to the rooms below, and creating a crater in the middle of Manhattan.

"As...in...Captain American?" Trying to sound excited, not scared.

Yea! I was fighting some robbers downtown and he showed up to help! He said he was looking for someone....Do you know a lot of criminals in this town?

"Just the ones that you told me hun."

Well, he's looking for this villain named Jynx. I've met her a couple times but not close up.

"Yea, I've heard of her. So you're working with Cap then?"

Yea! It is so exciting! You should come meet him, he's so cool.

"Does he know your secret identity?"

Yes, but he promised to keep it. Isn't this exciting babe?