Chapter 11: The Return of Loki

After last night, I was not in the mood for anything. I ignored Peter's calls, barely talked to Emily. The only being I let into my personal space was Pearl. She happily purred as I stroked her back. The burn phone had been ringing every hour since eight this morning, finally annoyed with it, I answered.

"What."

Jen? Finally, I was worried about you. Why wouldn't you answer?

"Wasn't in the mood to talk, Pete."

You seemed really upset after you met Captain Rogers.

"Well I guess Captain Pretty-Boy just has that affect on me." Scratching the back of Pearl's neck.

What is wrong with you?

"Just drop it Pete. Is that the only reason you called?"

He sounded annoyed at me, but I didn't care. I'd kill myself later but right now I didn't care about being mean to my boyfriend.

No. Some guy here keeps asking about you.

"Who?"

Never gave his name. Just said he needs to see his Jen. I don't like it, is he your ex or something?

"No Pete, I don't have any ex's."

Somewhere in the background I could hear. Give the communication devise to me peasant.

No! I'm talking to my girlfriend, back off.

"Peter, could you give him the phone for a second?"

Hell no.

"Peter."

Fine, whatever. I still don't like it. In a hushed tone he added. My spidey sense is going off the charts with this guy.

"Well if it's who I think it is, your spidey sense is spot on, give him the phone hun." Trying to act a little sweet so he wouldn't argue with me anymore. There was a rustling sound and low mumbling.

It's been a while Jennifer.

I sighed, knowing the silky voice on the other end. "Hello Loki."

After all this time apart and you still knew it was me? Why I'm blushing.

"Shut up, I know you just want the tesseract."

I see you're not in the mood for our usual playful banter. But yes, I would like my tesseract back.

"Well I don't have it anymore, so you might as well leave me alone."

What?! What happened to it?

"What's the matter Loki? Not in the mood for playful banter anymore?" I have to admit, making him loose his cool made me feel a lot better.

Where is it.

"I'd ask a man named Magneto, he is currently trying to use it as a weapon. I can't do anything about it."

Mortals...Where can I find the one named Magneto?

"I gave you your information, you have no use for me anymore. So leave me alone and give the phone back to Peter." I growled.

This is not over my little Jynx. There was a fumbling sound again from the other end of the phone.

Jen? You still there?

"I'm here Pete."

What....what did he want.

"Don't worry about it, just something from my past catching up to me."