Ch.31 What would my mom think

(Double update! Make sure you read the last chapter before reading!)

Percy's P.O.V

His lips curled into a circle as he began to slurp up the liquid. He noisily sucked up his noodles before dipping his spoon back into the bowl for more. It was nice to know Nico had regained some of his appetite. For a while there, I was worried about how small he was getting. But it seems like that's one more thing I can cross of my list of things to worry about.

"Hey, so I heard you two went on a date yesterday. So, are you together?" Leo's question shook me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." Nico replied, bluntly.

"Nice." Leo turned towards me. "Oh, by the way, Emily and I official too."

I smiled at his comment. "That's great!"

"Just great? Try fantastic!" Leo replied, looking over the moon.

"Who's Emily?" Nico asked.

"She's only the most beautiful demigod to ever live! She has these gorgeous green eyes that sparkle in the sun! Oh, and her long curly brown hair looks so good when she leaves it natural." Leo gushed.

"That's... Nice..." Nico replied awkwardly.

"That reminds me of her personality! She's like the nicest person I've ever met! I have to introduce her to you guys sometime!" Leo smiled bigger than when he learned that they had allowed Pluto to be a planet again. For some reason that was a big deal to him...

"Actually, I'd love to meet her. Maybe tonight at the campfire you can find us." I smiled.

Leo's grin grew larger. "That's a most fantastic idea!"

"Yeah, so fantastic." Nico replied sarcastically, obviously not pleased about having to meet another person. It wasn't his fault that he disliked the majority of the human race.

"Alright, I guess I'll talk to you more at the campfire?" I subtly tried to get him to leave us alone. I could tell Nico was beginning to get uncomfortable. He always began to bounce his leg whenever he felt out of his element. And he'd start playing with his silver ring a lot more than usual. It made me a little proud that I was able to pick up on his little signs.

"Bye!" Leo yelled as he strutted back to wherever he came from. I swear that kid can pop out of thin air when he wants to...

"Thanks." Nico mumbled as he lifted his gaze to meet mine. His eyes that used to hold so much pain, were now filled with love. I could tell the fondness that I felt inside, was dripping out of my every pore.

"No problem, ghost king." I replied, reaching over to push his bangs out of his eyes. While my hand was there, I snatched his glasses off his face and placed them on me. Everything looked blurry and for a moment I wondered if this is what fish saw.

"Give them back!" Nico reached his hand just off to my left and I immediately burst out laughing.

"I'm over here." I called out as he tried again, this time coming into contact with my cheek. He used his fingers to find my nose, and then he locked his fingers around his glasses.

Nico placed them back on his face. "You're so mean."

"I try." I replied as I stuck out my tongue.

Suddenly Nico changed his facial expression. It was like a lightbulb went off. "Hey, Perce?"

"Yeah?" I replied a little worried.

"After campfire, would you want to meet me at my cabin?" Nico rubbed his arm nervously.

"Is this another date?" I asked with a smile.