Ch.20 Quite so Alone

Hawaii is amazing! I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this beautiful! Also, you guys can thank XxDemigod07xX of this update, because she talked with me on Instagram. She's cool, so I thought I should be cool too, and give you guys an update... Back to business, here's chapter twenty! :D

-----------------------------------------

Nico's P.O.V

The second my eyes opened, a straw was placed in my mouth with the simple instruction to drink. I obeyed, and felt the cool liquid sliding down my throat. It was very obvious that it wasn't nectar, just by the taste alone. After a few sips, I pulled away from the straw and glanced up to see who was holding the cup. Of course, it had to be Percy.

"Did the water help? I thought that since water helps heal me, it must help you too... Or maybe it's just a son of Poseidon thing..." Percy rambled, as I began to chuckle. He really does have a brain full of seaweed.

"I feel a bit better, but I'm not sure it was thanks to the water." I muttered sarcastically. Percy simply pouted, before putting the cup off to the side. He stood up, and then carefully laced his fingers with mine, to help me up as well.

I muttered a small "Thanks" to which he simply smiled and helped me get back on my bed. After making sure I was tucked into my blankets, he pulled up one of the two chairs I had in my room and sat down next to me. The next few minutes were probably some of the most enjoyable moments of my life. I was sitting next to Percy freakin Jackson, after admitting that I was gay, and he seemed to be alright with it. The best part was, he wasn't even pestering me with questions like I expected him to. Of course, every good thing must come to an end.

"Nico? Can we talk?"

"I guess so." I answered, as I averted my eyes. Percy noticed my change in mood immediately, and placed his hand under my chin, forcing me to meet his eyes.

"Look Nico, I understand that it was hard for you to let go of that secret that you'd been holding onto for so long, but did you really think I wouldn't be okay with it?" He asked honestly.

"I just wasn't sure how you would react. I mean, I still don't see how a boy liking another boy is normal." I answered with just as much honesty as Percy when he asked.

"So, what would you do if one of your friends was gay? Would you think they weren't normal?" Percy asked with a slight quiver in his voice for some strange reason.

"Well, I guess it would be fine... But I feel like I'm just disappointing everyone by not being strait."

"Why would you think that?" He asked me.

"There's so much that's already wrong with me, I feel like by not being interested in girls, I'm just adding even more reasons to let down my father." I finally admitted.

"I didn't think you valued your father's opinion that much." Percy stated.

"I guess that ever since Bianca passed away, my dad expects me to fill in the position of the perfect child." I said, holding back the tears at the mention of my sister's death.

"Nico, being gay does not make you any less than perfect." Percy said, as he placed a light peck on my cheek. The moment his lips touched my skin, I froze. Was he just doing this to comfort me? Either way, Percy Jackson is kissing your cheek, so don't complain. A smile made it's way onto my face as he pulled away and sat back down.

"Nico, I have something to tell you." Percy admitted.

"Okay?"

"You and I aren't so different." He dropped his gaze to the floor. What did he mean?

"Huh?"

"I'm like you... I'm gay." He said, as he picked back up his gaze, to look me strait in the eyes. I froze for the second time that day. Suddenly my brain was attacked by questions.

"Really?" I asked, praying to every god I knew that this wouldn't be some sick joke.

"Really." Percy answered, looking slightly concerned at my reaction.

"I wasn't expecting that... But I guess if you can accept me, then I can accept you." I let a smile grace my features, and for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel quite so alone.

---------------------------------------------

Fluffy ending.... Anyways, I literally spent all afternoon writing this, because I couldn't get the conversation to go right, but this is what I ended up with. Votes and comments are greatly apprenticed! :) -T

Question: What country are you from?

Bonus question: What is your opinion on the perfect first date?