Chapter 5: Streets of the Dead

*Yuka's POV*

I swear, we could be driving forever... It was now ten in the morning and still no luck on getting the the East Police Station. As we drove, we saw some people, but they started attacking us out of nowhere.

"Ugh! Hang onto me, Yuka!" Takashi said as I held onto his waist with one hand, the bat in the other.

Suddenly, Takashi did a sharp turn as we bumped into a car, causing me to lose my grip and drop the bat I was holding. "Ah! Shit!"

"What?"

"The bat, I dropped it!" I said.

"We can't go back now." He said, speeding up as we finally got away from those nut-jobs...

"Why are they trying to kill us? We're not dead." I said.

"The world is going to hell, we can't trust anyone..."

"We can't trust anyone...?"

__________________________

"What was it it like?" Takashi finally spoke up after several long minutes.

"Huh?"

"Being in the military, what was it like?"

"Tough..." I replied. "My parents died when I seven, so I had to take care of Kairi ever since she was six. We're a year apart and when we found out about Mom and Dad died in the line of fire, the general took care of us. He eventually became Sargent and I was bumped up to general, Kairi my trainee. I was so close to becoming a Sargent, until he wanted us to come here to Japan, to live normal lives as regular teenagers... Two years later, here we are, in a dying world..." I explained, laying my head on his back.

Takashi checked his phone. "Damn it... We have to get to the police station by seven and it's already after five." He cursed.

"Takashi, I'm sure all the bridges are blocked."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it... In a world of life or death, it's now turned into...surviving. They want to cut off any path that will allow these zombies to kill off more people."

"And considering they're not letting anyone cross, it looks like we're not getting to the police station."

I nodded, lifting my head. "Looks that way..."

Suddenly, I heard a shot as I felt stunned for a split second. "A gunshot?" Takashi asked.

"No, that was a..."

*Kairi's POV*

"Well isn't this just fan-fucking-tastic!" I cursed, zombies all around us as Takagi and Big Boobs just stood there doing nothing while Hirano, Saeko, Satoshi, Rei, and I tried to kill them off.

"Just to let you know, I'm almost out of ammo." Hirano said.

Saeko killed off a zombie before holding up her sword. "Do ya wanna borrow this?" She asked.

"I really don't do hand to hand combat..." He said nervously.

"I can't say the same." I cut in, smirking as I hit a zombie with my golf club. "I'm actually quite fond of it!"

I bashed another zombie as its skull cracked open, but my club broke in half. Annoyed, I threw the other half on the ground before whipping out my tennis racket, throwing the case on the ground. I continued to bash them in the head, but this racket wouldn't hold forever as Hirano ran out of ammo.

"Oh-no!" I said, the zombies crowding around is as I saw Rei stab one in the neck.

But suddenly, as if a miracle just happened out of nowhere, we a saw a motorcycle fly through the air as we all looked up. "Holy shit!" Rei, Saeko, Hirano, Satoshi, and I all said as they landed.

*Yuka's POV*

When Takashi landed after surprising everyone with our entrance, I jumped off the bike, taking out my combat knife as I started slashing the zombies necks and stabbing their heads.

"Hirano!" Takashi threw his pistol to the raven as he caught it, firing off two shots.

"Double tap, baby!"

Well all fought off the rest of the zombies as the way was finally clear. I let out a sigh, swiping my knife as blood flew off the blade before shoving it back into the holster.

"Glad that's over with..." Kairi said.

"I'm gonna be honest, I'm really glad you both are okay..." Saeko said.

"I'm glad you're a okay too... Is anyone hurt?" Takashi said.

"No, we're fine." Rei said.

__________________________

"Where too now?" Satoshi asked.

"Oh! I know! My friend has an apartment up the street, it's just a short walk from here." Ms. Shizuka said.

"You're boyfriend?" Takashi quirked an eyebrow.

"Oh, no, no, no, no! It's nothing like that! It's just my girlfriend's apartment! She goes out of town a lot with her job and she gave me a key to look after her place when she's away." She explained. "And a car! You know the really big one, the one that drinks gas? Big! The really big one!"

"I'll take her there to check it out and then I'll come back for everyone else." Takashi said as we all nodded.

"I couldn't care about a car more than shower. I've never felt dirtier in my life..." Takagi sighed, brushing a pigtail off her shoulder.

"I agree... I need a bath..." Kairi chimed in as she played with her ponytail.

"Yeah... I think we could all use a shower, and some sleep..." Rei said.

"Agreed..." We all said in unison before Takashi took Ms. Shizuka to the apartment complex.