Chapter 1: Spring of the Dead

-Two years later-

I stood on the stairs, my arms leaning on the railing as my mind wandered. Two years had passed and I'm now 17 years old at a private school named Fujimi High School in Japan. Sure, the school has a uniform, but I don't wear it because it just doesn't fit my kinda style. Instead, I wore a black skirt; black thigh highs; my black converse; a black corset with blue lacing up both sides so my oversized boobs don't move around so much when I have to run; a black and white, stripped, short sleeve shirt; blue, zip-up hoodie with the hood on my head and the hoodie unzipped; a black wristband with a white star on my left wrist; jeweled, black choker with matching hoop earrings; and a red star in my hair.

As I stood there, I heard a low clank, turning my head towards the front gate to see a man banging himself on it as a coach, female teacher, janitor, and principle went to check it out. The coach grabbed the man's collar and slammed him against the gate, but the man suddenly bit his arm as he screamed out, his arm spurting blood as he fell to the ground. Everyone ran over to him as he looked unconscious, but then he suddenly reached up and grabbed the female teacher's shirt, yanking her down as he bit her neck. I didn't bother sticking around for the rest as I booked it inside, running to my locker.

(Shit! I knew something like this would come up. Good thing I came prepared; I was trained in the military after all.) I thought.

I grabbed my black pistol and quickly hooked a chain on the bottom before clipping the other end to one of my belt loops and strapping the gun in a holster on my left leg. Reaching into my locker, I grabbed a knife and strapped it in a holster on my right leg. I then grabbed a bow and quiver, throwing them into a backpack along with extra mags and bullets for me and Kairi before grabbing my phone. I stared at it for a moment before flipping it open and quickly texting a code to my Sargent. Once it was sent, I shoved the phone in my backpack and slammed the locker shut, searching for Kairi's classroom. As I ran, my hood fell off my head, not that it mattered though...

When I finally found her class, I slid the door open as everyone looked at me, even Kairi. I went over to her and grabbed her wrist, yanking her out of the chair and out of the classroom.

"Yuka, where are we going?" She asked.

As I reached her locker that was next to mine, I opened it for her. "We have a code red situation."

"Code red?"

"People are getting up and eating each other."

She gasped. "Shit... Sargent warned us about this kind of situation turning up, but not this soon..."

Kairi didn't follow dress code either as she wore a red skirt; black thigh highs; black converse, like mine; a scarlet corset with black lacing up both sides to keep her smaller boobs from bouncing all over the place; black, spaghetti strap tank top; white, zip-up hoodie that was unzipped; a white chocker; and a blue skull clip in her hair.

"Grab what you need, we'll need it to find other people who haven't turned yet." I said.

She nodded and went into her locker, grabbing a silver pistol as she clipped a chain to the bottom of the gun and to a belt loop on her skirt, strapping it to her right leg, a knife on the other as she grabbed a baseball bat, a golf club, and a tennis racket, strapping the racket and bat to her back in an "X" as she held the club.

"Where to first?" She asked, closing her locker.

"I already texted Sargent a code red, but no response. Let's head to the roof first to see what damage has been done so far."

"But it's only been a few minutes." She said redundantly.

"Doesn't matter, zombies can destroy a whole country in a matter of days if they wanted to... Let's hurry before they try to come after us."