Chapter 9-B

The silky tone of his voice matched the fabric of his tie. She fingered the fabric, her senses reveling in both texture and sound. "You're forgetting something, Carson," she said, letting her fingers run down the line of green till she reached the end.

"And what's that?"

Wrapping the tie around her hand, she tugged till he was forced to bend forward. Anticipation danced in his eyes as she rose to meet him. In a low and sensual voice, she whispered, "You owe me a dance." She kissed the corner of his mouth, her lips lightly dragging against his. "And I intend to collect."

"I always pay my debts," he answered thickly, desire pulsing off him.

The cloth of his tie bit into her flesh as her hand gave an involuntary flex. Shuddering, she shifted against him and he let out a guttural sound. Every nerve in her body tingled. The connection between them so powerful, so electric, she could reach out and touch it.

 His hands briefly tightened around her hips as his eyes told her not to move. Gently, he caressed her hipbone with his thumb. Each stroke heated her blood, his touch a burning reminder of his claim. His hands travelled to her waist and his fingers fanned out. He slowly dragged his hands up. Her breathing turned shallow as he petted and stroked her ribs. One by one, he moved up her body till he stopped right below her chest.

Skin flushed, she lifted her lashes to look at him. What she saw there made her pulse skyrocket. She always knew he was intense but this...this was something else entirely. Raw passion heated his eyes. The scorching gaze so bright, it almost hurt to look. What amazed her was he didn't try to tame it or hide it from her. No, not Carson Marks. He poured out his heart, laid it bare, and left it there for the world to see.

One hand reached up and cupped the side of her face. She sucked in a breath when his thumb started tracing the contours of her mouth. First, outlining the perimeter of her upper lip, paying close attention to her Cupid's bow, then running his finger over the plump bottom. His eyes tracked his movements, every motion captured and memorized.

Her lips slightly parted when he tilted her face. Then he palmed the back of her head, his fingers threading through her hair. Slowly, he lowered his head, giving her ample time to stop him if she wanted. But she didn't. She wanted the kiss—wanted him.

Then he stopped an inch away...and waited. Waited for what she didn't know and frankly, she didn't care. Her hands—which were still bound by his tie—gave a swift tug, jerking him forward and officially closing the gap between them.

He stilled for a moment, surprised by her attack, but quickly got over it as she gave a small moan of pleasure. His hands tightened their grip as he captured her mouth and kissed her for the first time. His lips, so soft and warm, moved against her with a hungry urgency that thrilled her. Over and over he claimed her, taking her on a long, sensual ride. His mouth started to turn exploratory as his tongue darted out. He bathed her lips, sliding between them, silently seeking her to open. She did as he wanted, and he rewarded her with a deep groan. Sweeping inside, he touched her tongue and a bolt of lust shot straight through her. She yanked at his tie, forcing their bodies to smash against each other in a beautiful collision.

He growled roughly, tightening his hold on her ribs. Heat pooled in her stomach. The feeling building with each silky touch till she thought she would burn alive. Their mouths tangled and sucked, all focus directed solely on each other.

Her blood was boiling now. Every cell scorched with pleasure. She could barely breathe, air a rare commodity. But it was hard to care. Hell, it was hard to think. For this fierce, passionate kiss consumed her.

He consumed her.

Carson lifted his mouth and rested his forehead against hers. She watched the choppy movements of his chest rise and fall as the sound of their harsh breathing echoed off each other. Gradually their heart rates slowed and their breathing turned to normal. Carson kissed her forehead before pulling away.