Answer

Two days later, Cloud Recesses.

Lan Qiren's brows can't help but spasm as he looked at Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng kissed after they had they wedding vows. In the entire sea of white clouds (GusuLan sect) and waves of purple lotuses (YunmengJiang sect), together with the brightly shining sun (LanlingJin sect) and the green forest trees (QingheNie sect), he's the only one whose face is sour and heart is bitter. However, he can't make a scene of his nephew's happy day. "You all – " he said as his ears became deaf from the loud applause that echoes in the tranquil mountains of the Cloud Recesses. He felt like a great enemy is invading his territory. Shut up – he thought, holding back himself with his utmost not to scream the words.

Suddenly, amidst the celebrative noises, he heard a gentle laugh. He felt his heart stirred and he turned, only to see, among the waves of the lotuses, he saw one that stands out the most. Amidst the sea of clouds, he walked, cutting his way through them as he followed the figure, picking up his pace when he saw their distance is growing farther. Wait - ! He called in his heart as his eyes widened and he reached his hand out, trying to touch the figure.

The tips of his fingers touched the figure, only to feel the air. He stopped and looked around. He realized he had reached the entrance of the Cloud Recesses.

"Qiren." A voice called.

Lan Qiren turned and saw the figure standing tall beneath that tree, blooming white flowers as pure and fresh like the daisies.

The figure turned and he smiled at him. "Do you feel satisfied?" Jiang Fengmian asked.

Lan Qiren's eyes watered as he stared at the familiar smile. "When will one feel satisfied?" he asked. "Was it after giving them all their want? Or granting their need?" he said as he walked towards him. "Those that knows no satisfaction, though, can only feel greed." He stopped right in front of him. "Fengmian..." he called as his tears fell, together with his voice was blown away by the wind. He lowered his head to hide the pain in his eyes, though he knows that the other had already had seen them so many times. "Do you feel satisfied?" he asked back. He raised his head, only to see the lone tree standing in front of him.

The figure was gone, and so the answer to the question they asked of each other.

(A/N: I just can't help but write a FengQi short fic in a XiCheng fic <3 such a bittersweet story...)

P.S.: one more extra, i guess?