The Assassin of the Mist!

Hiro's POV

After our little contact with the Demon Brothers we had to ride on a boat to go to the Land of the Waves. The Mist was very thick and it was hard to see if you haven't experienced this type of weather. "This fogs so think.."Sakura whispers. "You can a see anything. "

"It is better to see with your ears than it is with your eyes." I say. "For the eyes will deceive you."

I looked over to Naruto who had his eyes closed and was sitting at the end sniffing.
"The bridge isn't far now. " the boat keeper said rowing. "Our destination is the up ahead, The Land of Waves."

"Hn?" Naruto said and we all looked forward. Ahead was a HUGE bridge and when I mean huge I mean HUGE.

"WOAH!" Naruto yells and his smile widens. "IT'S HUGE!"

"Wah- quiet!" Yells- whispers the boat keeper. "I told you no noise! Why do you think we're travelling like this huh?! Cutting off the engine and rowing. Moving through the dense fog, so they don't see us."

"Mr. Tazuna. " Kakashi says. "Before we reach the pear. I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid we'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

"Hm." He says and it was quiet on the boat everyone was looking at him expectantly. "I have no choice but to tell you, no.. I want you to know the truth. Like you said this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man, who casts a very long and deadly shadow."

"A deadly shadow?" I ask with Kakashi. "Who is it?"

"You know him, I'm sure you've heard his name before. He's one of the wealthiest man in the world, the shipping magnet Gato."

I groan. "Damn, out of all the people it had to be him."

"Gato? Of Gato transport?" Kakashi asks."He's a business leader everyone knows him. Wait how do you know him?"

"I worked with him before and a few of him clients while travelling."

"Who, who? What, what?" Naruto whispers excitedly.

"Gato, is a very powerful typhoon." Tazuna explains. "From a famous company that's true. But below the surface, with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations. He's sells drugs and contraband, using gangs and ninja. It was one year ago when Gato first set his sight on The Land of Waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way simply, disappeared. In an island nation a man who controls the sea, controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives, but there's one thing he fears. A bridge. When it is complete it will join us to the land and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder."

"So that's it." Sakura says. "Since your in charge of the bridge your standing in this gangsters way."

"That means." Sasuke says. "Those guys we faught in the forest, they were working for Gato."

Naruto looked completely confused. "I don't understand." Kakashi says. "If you knew he was dangerous, knew he would eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?"

"Because the Land of Waves, is a small and poverty-stricken nation. Even our nobles have little money." Tazuna explains. "The people common people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's too expensive. If you end the mission when you drop me ashore. There will be no bridge, they'll assassinate me. Before I reach home. "

"But don't feel bad about that." He says looking at us. "Of course my sweet little grandson will be sad, he'll cry."

He's so doing this on purpose. "'Grandad! I want my Grandad!' Oh, and my daughter will condemn the ninja of the Hidden Leaf, blaming you on the death of her father and live her life in sorrow. Ah well, it's not your fault forget it."