What if? (10)

Recap: 

“I want to kiss you.” He repeated, leaning closer. 

“No.” I stopped him.

He looked up from my mouth to my eyes. His eyes a golden blue. 

I scooted away from him so I wasn’t in grabbing distance. 

“I want to.” His voice seemed distant. 

“Don’t.” I commanded strongly. 

He leaned back and looked at the TV. 

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. Because my heart rate was going through the roof. 

Was it bad that I want to kiss him too? But I had somehow managed to say no? 

Will I be so strong next time?

………………………………................................................................................................

That night I was worried. 

“Are you sure we should share a bed?” I asked Jack. 

“Why shouldn’t we?” He asked. 

“I don’t want to send off the wrong signals.” 

He climbed in next to me and laid on his back, eyes closed. 

I worried that I would do something that would.. Well make him angry with himself again. 

I cant help it if I’m hot. I joked in my head, sounding an awful lot like Jack. 

(One month later..) 

Today is the day we are moving out of Paris. Leaving the beautiful city behind and going to who knows where! 

I haven’t really been alone with Jack since he had kissed me a while back. 

The only time I’m alone with him is when we go to sleep, but even then, I get to sleep before he comes in. 

Of course we still talk, and I find myself being careful not to draw too much attention to myself, because I don’t want a repeat of last month. 

“Where are we going exactly?” I asked Jack. 

We had our stuff packed and in the car, ready to go. 

Zack, Aubrey and Penny had their stuff packed and ready as well, but, to my shock, they will be taking a separate ships while Jack and I are taking Jack’s ship. 

Penny apologized, but said that they were going to stop and see her mother, then they would come with us to where ever we are going. 

“We are going to Arkansas,” He replied with a smirk. “And no, we will not be taking a detour through Illinois.” 

I sighed and followed him to the car. 

Come to find out, Zack, Aubrey and Penny, wont be coming for two or three days. I am going to kill them.