What If? (9)

Author's Note:

Warning: This chapter is a bit more heated than I normally do. I just felt that Jack and Samantha needed a connection. 

Enjoy 

-the velvet rose-

...................................................................................................................................

Recap:

“I’m glad you’re both safe..” She told me in complete honesty. 

“Thanks.” 

We started drinking coffee and making small talk, till I got so tired that I went downstairs to sleep. 

Jack was very much out-of-it, so I was able to crawl into bed without disturbing him.

My fingers ran over his arm, up and down, assuring me that he is right here. 

I closed my eyes and slept.. 

……………………………….....................................................................................

We have been at my mom and Joe’s house for two days. Jack has slept a lot, but is now walking around and taking a shower. 

He hasn’t said anything about packing up and leaving.. Yet. 

I was drinking coffee and eating eggs for breakfast, I didn’t even hear him behind me, but when he kissed my bare shoulder (because I was wearing a tank top.) I jumped. 

“Gah! Jeez! don’t sneak up on me!” I scolded. 

“Where are the adults?” 

“My mom is shopping and Joe is at work. Why?” 

“Because I want to do this-” He grabbed the back of my neck and kissed me.

I kissed him back, until we heard the doorbell. 

“I’ll get it…” I sighed. 

I got up and walked towards it till Jack grabbed my arm and shook his head. 

“I’ll get it, let go.” I pulled my arm away and opened the door. 

There stood three police officers. All of them had the same expression. Nothing. No emotion, just the poker face. 

“Samantha Ann Peters. And I’m assuming Jack is in there too.” The largest man spoke. 

Jack stood in front of me protectively. 

“You must be Jack. I’m officer Kindle, I came here with a message. You get one day to leave this planet, along with all of your buddies, before we get the guns ready. Understood?” 

“I’ll need a week. I’m still recovering, thanks to your officers down south,” Jack told them simply. 

“One week, or you’re dead.” 

Jack nodded, not fazed by this. 

“Bye. I hope not to see you again.. don’t cause any trouble or our deal is off.” The officer told him.

I closed the door and let out the breath I had apparently been holding. 

“Wow. They didn’t even try to attack,” I told Jack in shock. 

“If they did, the deal would be off. The Twiads might come and start a war themselves. The humans are scared..” Jack smirked. 

I nodded and walked to the kitchen. I was panicked when he grabbed my shoulder and shoved my back into the wall with a lot of force, but I wasn’t hurt.