What If? (8)

Author's Note:

I have been in the writing mood for this story. I can't stop thinking about new ideas for it. 

I am still continuing The Program, but while I'm in the writing mood for this story, I'll focus on this. 

Samantha's dark side is shown. 

Enjoy! :)

-the velvet rose-

............................................................................................................................................

Recap:

“We’ll continue this tomorrow and you get to go home the day after, if you’re serious that you wont go after him. You’ll go back to your old life. Jack brainwashed you and made you think you loved him. Right?” Carter said. 

“Jack brainwashed me. It was all a lie.. I don’t love him..” I started to cry. 

I was taken back to my jail cell, mom went to a hotel for the night.

Once I get out of here. I’m going to find Jack, even if I die trying. Because I do love him.

………………………………..........................................................................................

“Samantha, please tell us what you said yesterday and the day before.” Carter said.

I nodded and looked at the recorder. 

“I never loved Jack. He just used me for his own benefit.. I-I wont go after him. I will never even look for him. He used me.. He used me..” I said with as much anger and pain as I could put into it. 

Carter stopped the recorder and smiled. 

“You can go home now.. Here is my number if you need anything.” He handed me a card and then the door was opened for me. 

I grabbed mom’s hand and we walked through the doorway.    

We stood in front of the tall desk while mom signed papers.

“So what are you going to be doing after you get home?” Carter asked. By the way he asked, I knew it was just out of curiosity and not an interrogation. 

“I get to see my friends.. I want to finish high school if that’s possible. I just want to get back to my old life.” I told him. 

He smiled and nodded. 

“What will you be doing Officer?” I asked.

“Actually I’m not an officer. I work for the government.” 

Then it clicked. 

How I’ll be able to find Jack. Carter is the key. 

After all the paper signing and the finger print taking, mom and I drove to a hotel and tomorrow we’ll be heading home. At least she’ll be. 

We sat in the hotel room watching The Notebook. Which is kind of funny because Jack and my romance is.. Different then the average romance. 

Watching this just made me more ready to fight. 

“I brought some clothes for you from home..” Mom said awkwardly. 

She has been very careful around me, as if I might snap or something. 

I grabbed the clothes and took a shower. When I got out, my stomach ached, nervous about tonight..

I threw open the toilet seat and threw up. Samantha, don’t worry, you’ll get him back. I told myself.