Chapter 8

~Unknown POV~

Ugh! Fucking Robert! I knew I shouldn't have trusted him, he almost ruined my plans. He's lucky I didn't get killed in that attack or else I'd have to pay a special someone a little visit. But, then again with that little stunt he pulled I may have just gotten the cover I've been waiting for. I may have to get that bitch Clara out of the picture. Robert's choice didn't work. So I may have to step in. It would be easier if Adrian would help me out but no, he has to be loyal and is now refusing to obey me. I'll sort this out, and when I do Skylar will suffer and beg for mercy.

~Skylar'sPOV~

As soon as I reached the pack house my megawatt smile began to fade until it was completely gone and replaced with worry. I don't know how Samuel is or if he's even alive. There was so much blood as soon as I got him here I just took off, unexpectedly ending up at my mate's house. I sighed swallowing the lump forming in my throat and walked through the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked in I noticed a few members of pack in the living room with long faces. "He's alive but not much better" I nodded and made my way towards our infirmary.

This was it. I slowly opened the heavy door as it creaked against the force. My eyes quickly found the bed that Samuel lay upon. I walked up and took his hand and held it tight. "H-Hey there, how's my best bud?" I had sniffled out but was only met with silence. "Hey you know my mate Clara? I was at her house earlier today, and don't you say anything dirty we just slept together. Oh god that sounded dirty too..." I had rambled on chuckling a bit to hide my panic. "Uh.. what I meant was that we were in the same bed but didn't do anything?" Ugh.. This is hard to explain.

"When are you gonna get up? You could try to beat me at ghosts again. I need you you're my best bud and my future beta. So wake up!!" Suddenly I was pulled into a hug by my mother. "There is news to discuss Skylar" she had whispered as we parted. The tone in her voice was serious and urgent.

"It's about Sammy isn't it" I stated more than asked. She nodded and called my father into the room as well. "Skylar," my father started. "We do not know if or when Samuel will wake."

"What do you me-"

My mother cut me off."The damage he sustained was hard on his body so he is in comatose at the moment for his body and mind to heal."

"So he may never wake is what you're saying?" I asked as I looked back to my best friend's pale body on the bed, his chest rising and falling as the machines breathe for him.

My father cut in,"Skylar that is not the only concern here." Oh great there's more. "We have lost the pack link to his wolf. We have tried but could not contact or sense his wolf among us anymore" at this I quickly tried to contact Samuel's wolf but to no avail.

My shoulders slumped defeated. "So what happened to his wolf?"

"We are not sure but it may be possible that his wolf is gone"

"No" I said barely a whisper. "He is to be my beta, he needs his wolf to be beta."

"Skylar you may need t-" my father was cut off by Samuel groaning and choking on the breathing tube. I rushed over to him and helped get it out.

"He's awake!" I said relieved. I looked him over and held in what I had to say. Samuel looked at me and knew as well.

"Just say it" he said chuckling while shaking his head.

"You look like shit" I said simply.

"Feel like shit too" he said agreeing with me.

"So uh how's the recovery going?" I asked nervously.'Does he even know about his wolf's condition? Is his wolf still alive or is he just really damaged and is healing?' I focused back on Samuel upon hearing no answer to see him sleeping. 'I really need to stop zoning out.'

I let my parents know that I'm gonna head to my room but they had stopped me and told me that we will speak tonight. I nodded and headed out. As soon as I reached my room I plopped onto my bed,exhausted with everything that has happened and drifted off to slumber.

~Clara'sPOV~

After Skylar had left I felt alone again. I was happy around her for some reason and sparks went through me when we touch. I wonder if she notices it too, anyway I clean up the remains of our food and head back to my room for a nap. I twisted and turned trying to sleep but I missed having Skylar in my arms. For knowing her as long as I have which is not very long, I like having her around me. I eventually drifted off to sleep with a small smile on my face thinking of Skylar.

I woke up to my phone going off and groaned. 'Ugh..what year is it?' I looked around my room confused when my eyes caught the time on my new alarm clock. 'Shit... the kids have been out for a while now' I quickly throw on a loose black long sleeve, some grey joggers, then slip on my black high top converse without tying them 'Mistake #1' . I grabbed my phone then keys that were attached to my amazing superman key chain 'Mistake #2'. I sprinted down the stairs checking a message I had gotten on my phone 'Mistake #3'. As I unlocked my phone I saw air. No, the house wasn't on fire and I wasn't high. I tripped over my shoe lace 'Consequence #1' , my 'amazing' superman lanyard caught the railing causing me to flip mid air *I believe I can fly!* 'Consequence #2', then I landed on my ass nearly falling the rest of the stairs. I look up hearing a chime, ooh its a bird, it's a plane, nope its just my phone landing on my face sending me down the rest of the stairs 'Consequence #3'.

I twisted and groaned while getting up. I read the message.

Jared: Don't worry Mrs. Evans came and picked us all up, we're at her house.

I put my phone in my pocket and sat there. 'Fuck me!!!' I headed out towards the car at a slower pace than earlier and soon drove to Skylar's house.

I soon arrive to Skylar's house and knocked on the door. No one answers so I keep knocking. Eventually my fist is in a soft yet firm hand, I look up confused but begin smirking when I notice the shade of pink on her beautiful face. "Oh hello Clara why don't you come on in?" Mrs. Evans had appeared out of no where. I looked back to Skylar and noticed she was blushing harder for some reason.

I follow Mrs. Evans to her kitchen with Skylar behind me. Once there I thank Mrs. Evans for picking up the kids. "It's no problem at all but please, call me Anne"

"Ok Mrs- uh I mean Anne" I say with a smile.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?" Anne asked me.

"I wouldn't want to intrude"

"Nonsense we would love for you and your siblings to stay for dinner, isn't that right Skylar?" I thought about it when my eyes landed on Skylar who of which is eagerly nodding her head up and down in agreement. How could I say no to such an adorable person such as Skylar?

"Well I suppose we could stay for awhile" I said as I heard Skylar mutter under her breath, "or forever" She looked up and knew she was caught. She smiled sheepishly as she grabbed my hand and ran out of the kitchen with me in tow.

Bang! Clash! What's that?! A cat?! Hehe sorry it's just me YOUR FATHER! nope *cue derp face* it's your author here! *Crowd walks away face palming and shaking their heads in disappointment* Oh well, at least there was a crowd, anyway getting off track sorry for the long wait for such a short update. see what I did there *explosions in background while flips hair awkwardly* yea I just did sorry couldn't resist. well yeah im sorry my brain wanted to train to be an astronaut and spaced out like a lot. but excuses are gonna excuse, haters gonna hate, and potatoes gonna potate. isn't that appealing.. sorry I had to. so yea a friend of mine reminded me to update and here it is all late and ish. Thanks for reading! So vote, comment, etc. OH!!! Your beautiful!!!Have a good day/night.
                                    -Z