Chapter 3

~Clara's POV~

(After school)

I was walking towards the twins' school as I thought about all that had happened at school.

~Flashback~

      Ring! Ring! Ring!

Well shit...

We walked into class together and had gotten lectured from our teacher. He was a fifty year old looking man with a grey head of hair and a matching pair of grey eyes that looked tired and experienced.

Charlotte and I had been placed together in the back. I was happy to have made a friend. So I spent my day with her in my classes, she kept glancing at me with a small smile on her lips and would blush when I would occasionally smile back letting her know she had been caught. I had this feeling of being watched like that one day when-

No... nothing, anyway I had thought Charlotte is so adorable and innocent like a little bunny.

~End of Flashback~

The twins had snapped me out of my thoughts by grabbing my hands. Together we made our way back to the car parked at my highschool.

We had waited in the car for a little under twenty minutes and I was becoming frantic of what could've delayed Jared and Meg. My mind had created scenarios where they had been hurt or worse. These thoughts were cut short when I saw them walk out, taking their sweet time laughing it out with friends. I gripped the steering wheel tighter as my knuckles turn white.

"Well look who decided to show" I said through clenched teeth as I force a smile.

They smiled back sheepishly scratching the back of their heads.

What will they ask for now?

Jared and Megan both asked if I'd give their friends a ride home and perhaps stay over for awhile.

Aww such sweet kids so thoughtful to add three more bodies in a car that seats five, please note the sarcasm.

I sigh and run my hand through my light brown hair. I give in.

"If... and I am saying IF you get those two to fit then I'll agree."

~Ten minutes later...~

"Okay we're ready to go!!" Jared had shouted from the back. I looked back and couldn't help but laugh. Megan was squished with a blushing kid, I think his name was Matt? The twins had sat on each lap. Jared had a girl named Sarah on his lap. I raised an eyebrow at this but he seemed totally oblivious to the hint of red on her cheeks so I let it go.... for now.

We had arrived to Matt's, Sarah's, and Jackie's house or should I say mansion?! This place was huge! I stopped the car at a gate as I watched Matt, Sarah, and Jackie exit the car, walking up to their house with the gate left open.

"Bye!!" Jared and Meg had shouted running towards the gate.

"Wait! You can't just waltz in there like you own the place! Lets go home." I told them putting the car in reverse. When I was stopped by a woman.

"Surely you wouldn't mind staying a little while for the children?" she asked giving a motherly smile.

I couldn't just say no and I didn't see why not so I agreed,"Yes, ok then I'm Clara Wolf, this is Jared, Megan, Kenzie, and Christopher" I said pointing to each of them.

"Ahh, well nice to meet you all, I'm Anne Evans, come in" she said gestering towards the house.