Chapter 1

~Clara's POV~

       BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

What the hell is that awful noise?! I pulled my covers down to see the menace.

       BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

  I hide back under my covers and whine,"Ugh! It's too early and I'm too comfy!"

       BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

  I glared at the thing. "I swear beep one more fucken time!" I threaten it.

          BEE-

  I bring my hand down smashing the bastard to pieces and cutting my hand in the process.

What a lovely morning.

      I drag my body off my bed and into the bathroom to do my morning routine. Once out of the bathroom I get changed. I take a glance towards where my clock used to be only to see it's remains. I sigh, Mom always told me to get my anger in control and I'm really trying these days because she-  

       No, I shake those thoughts from my mind and it works for now.

        I head out of my room and into the next one to wake Jake and Megan.

     "Jake" Nothing, I shake him a bit and he finally stirs awake.

     "Wha-" I cut him off.

      "Get up we got school today." He nods, next is my sister Megan.

       "Meg, hey Meg come on we got school." Once she sits up I head on over to the next bedroom to wake the twins, Christopher and Kenzie.

      "Chris, Kenz wakey time now mkay?" They lay for a moment then eventually nod.

       I head downstairs and prepare their breakfast while they get ready. While I wait my. mind drifts off to our parents.

~FlashBack~

     We were at our friend Sasha's house so Mom and Dad could have a date night. I insisted that they drop me off at home on the way while the kids stay there, but I wish I hadn't.

       The drive home consisted of Dad pulling cheezy jokes and Mom giggling like a schoolgirl. I smile at these two. I swear they act like such dorks but I love them for it, they have such big hearts. We came to an abrupt stop half way home on an empty road in the middle of the woods. None of us said anything as we exited the car.

      "I think we got a flat" my Dad concluded then inspected the other tires."Clara get in the car now" Father said calmly but the look on his face said otherwise.

    "Dad what's going on?" I was beginning to get worried here.

    "CLARA!" I immediately got into the car, I was shocked and a little scared. My Father never and I mean NEVER raised his voice at me at all it had always been Mom. What's so wrong that even my Dad is like this?

       Mom and Dad were talking in hushed panicked voices so I strained my ears so I could hear what's going on.

     "How do you explain this to her?" I heard my Mother say. Father looked a bit uneasy but he quickly composed himself.

     "Well I don't know Cassandra, how would you explain 4 slashed tires?" I gasped and quickly covered my mouth but not quick enough because their heads turned my way.

      "Clara" my Mother said sternly with a hard expression as if questioning my intrusion into their conversation.

     "Y-Yes M-Mom? I-I didn't he-hear a th-thing" I stuttered, curse you voice, you traitor. Mom raised an eyebrow and I quickly found interest in my hands.

     I raised my gaze from my hands to the front of the car but I saw a figure of a man in the shadows. I blinked a couple of times but he didn't go away instead I saw a large animal in his place.      What's he doing? .... OH SHIT HE'S COMING!!!!!

     "M-Mo-Mom" i stuttered barely above a whisper. Dammit voice work! I got out of the car with that THING watching my every move.

   "Get in the car Clara" my Mother said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. This got me fired up.

     "Mom, there's a-" I was cut off by the horror-filled screams of my Dad. I turned my head so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash. It-it was a dog? A really REALLY big dog. Then it locked eyes with me and in that instant I knew it was no dog it was, it was something else like a monster. It kinda looks like a wolf- I stopped my thoughts when I heard my Mom.

    "I LOVE YOU CLARA!! NOW RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!!" my Mother screeched.

  "B-But Mom" I whispered on the verge of tears, but I was stopped and stuck in place as I heard my Mother's bone-chilling shrieks of pain and sounds of flesh tearing. Time had seemed to slow down as I looked at what used to be my fun loving parents. I then became livid and painfully watched my mother choking on something. It's, I swallowed the lump in my throat, she's choking on her own blood.

   My Mother's final words had played over and over in my head like a broken record. Then I ran.

    "I LOVE YOU TOO MOMMY AND DADDY!!!" I shouted as I sprinted til my bones ached all the way home. I was now home, I made it. The police finally came and I gave my story only to be told it was nonsense and the shock had caused visual hallucinations. Also that some unexplained animal attack had killed them but I KNOW what I saw. Once the police left I looked back once more and was alone, all alone. A sob racked my body as I fell to the ground. Someone wrapped their arms around me but were tiny arms. I looked up through teary eyes to see Chris, my little knight. I got up and had vowed to make sure my siblings had a nice care-free life.

~End of FlashBack~