Till death do we part but I'll still stand alert

"Marinette honey what happened?!" Sabine gasped as her daughter rushed down the stairs built for her.

"Oh um..." Marinette felt her mind go blank. "It was a... I um burned it in the oven?" She lied.

"You should have called us!" Tom blurted out. "It could be serious, you may need to see a doctor!"

"Oh, I-I-it's fine. Really!" Marinette lied again. "I hardly even feel- I mean felt it."

"Ok sweetheart. But really, let me take a look..." Sabine raised a hand to touch the white silken bandages. Marinette flinched an pulled away abruptly.

"N-n-no I-I'm fine, seriously. I took care of it, you can trust me to t-take care of myself!" Marinette puffed out her chest and raised herself to her tippy toes as if it showed how responsible she was. "The casserole's in the oven, but I'm going upstairs to do.. uh... homework." 

"Today of all days. After that Akuma attack? I think the school should be more careful about that, kids could have trouble learning if any more of these Akuma's keep appearing." Sabine sighed deeply, closing her delicate tired eyes, speckled with eyeshadow. 

"Yeah, but if we closed the school every time an Akuma appeared, we'd go into summer!" Marinette giggled nervously. "Call me when the timer beeps!" Marinette turned and ran up the stairs before her parents could reply. 

Marinette fell onto her bed like a rock in the water. She placed her face into a pillow but resisted screaming. Yes, yes, very strange behavior, but hey, she was a strange human.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Tikki hovered over her head as the teenage girl rolled over, her bluebell eyes seeming to glow with anger. Marinette bit her bottom lip and scrunched up her nose.

"UGH!" Marinette groaned leaving Tikki even yet with no answers. "I... I was just thinking about what you were talking about earlier... as in like a minute ago." 

"Yes, so what part of what I said is leaving you so worked up and frustrated?"

"I'm not worked up!" Marinette huffed.

"Don't play that game with me Marinette, I've been here since the dawn of time. I've seen a thing or two." Tikki lowered her nonexistent eyebrows.

"Fine!" Marinette sat up abruptly. "I guess I'm confused..." She let out an exaggerated sigh.

"About which part?" Tikki asked.

"Well, you said that for the suits to... break I guess? You said that either the holders would have to break the miraculous, something bad would happen... or they would fall in love..." She spoke heavily on the last part, yet silently.

"So what's the matter?"

"My earings aren't broken! This means something awful is gonna happen and I'm in love with Chat Noir! But I'm not!" Marinette resisted screaming, only raising her voice a couple of volumes.

"Are you sure you're not in love?" Tikki asked. Marinette opened her mouth to speak but Tikki interrupted her. "You don't want to be, that's the thing. You made a wall against your emotions, but I know what it is. You two are in love."

"Am not!" Marinette stood up and walked snappishly across the bedroom. "I can't be, he's my partner in crime-fighting!"

"And what point does that make?" Tikki provoked and Marinette made a strange sort of frustrated noise.

"I don't know! There's got to be the fourth one! How do you even know there's three when it's only happened once!" Marinette crossed her arms.

"Because when the Miraculous were created, they were given a weakness. All of the Kwami's know of these weaknesses and we try to avoid them. But me and Plagg let it slip one time! And now twice! I know it's hard to believe Marinette, but you must believe me! And trust your heart!" Tikki glowed a bit brighter wich matched her ill-temper. Marinette sighed.