- ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ.

— ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ

— ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ.

"You will regret this. I will find her back, if it is the last thing I do!"

Presley Swan sits up in her bed with a gasp leaving her lips. Her hand clutches her throat as she takes deep breaths to calm herself down. That was an odd dream, she thinks. Never has she really experienced nightmares. Even as a child they just.. didn't occur. It leaves her confused as to why they decided to plague her that particular night.

 She runs a hand through her tangled hair and tries to compose herself when she hears the front door opening and closing.

The teenager throws the heavy blankets, which now felt way too hot for her, off her body and leaves her bedroom. Stumbling inside on what seems like wobbly heels and with a paper sack in her hand was Emma Swan, her permanent guardian since she was thirteen. Presley, who thought of herself as an observant person, scans the pink stained dress that Emma was wearing.  

"Had a rough night," the blonde teen asks with a smug grin as she leans with crossed arms against her dooropening. Emma, who had thought that the teenager would be long asleep by now, looks up at Presley. "Maybe. Shouldn't you be asleep? I thought you had an important test tomorrow." Presley shrugs indifferently. She never cared much for school or grades. What did it matter what your grade was on your biology test when you enter the real world? Why should she bother?

Emma shrugs then as well. She knew that if the girl didn't want to do something, there was no use in forcing her. Not that she was spoiled (she was probably anything but that), she was just really stubborn. It was a trait that the 28 year old could appreciate as she could be quite stubborn herself. "Well, it's none of my business anyways. Want to set up the candle?"

The girl grins while she nods her head. In silence the two worked together. They took the two cupcakes from the local bakery out of their containers, put a star-shaped candle in the frosting and lit it on fire. "Happy birthday, Emma," Presley mutters. "Happy birthday to you too, Presley."

Presley had never known her true birth date. Her parents abandoned her right after she was born. She grew up in the foster system in many different homes, but she never felt at home anywhere. When she got into Emma's home, they decided to celebrate their birthdays together on Emma's birthday. It was more convenient this way and both didn't want to make a big thing about their birthdays. Having only one day was just better.

The two ladies close their eyes and blow the candles out. Emma lifts the corner of her mouth. "What did you wish for?" The teenager laughs and pushes against the woman's bare shoulder playfully. "Not telling, of course. Otherwise it won't become true," she draws out mockingly. Of course all of that was nonsense as wishes coming true doesn't excist. That is not how the real world works.