- ᴀ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ʙᴀꜱꜱɪɴᴇᴛ.

— ᴀ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ʙᴀꜱꜱɪɴᴇᴛ

— ᴀ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ʙᴀꜱꜱɪɴᴇᴛ.

Presley's blue eyes narrow down on the original Dark One with distrust and distaste. Nimue was looking smugly at her. She knew she had control of the situation since she was the only one with answers.

The blonde girl slowly lowers her hands from her fighting stance, but her magic remains swirling around her fingers. "Explain. Now."

Everyone remains still as the two powerful sorceresses face off in their sort-of staring contest. Nimue tilts the corner of her lip, seemingly amused by her reaction. "As you wish."

She turns around and glides over the floors of Granny's Diner without a sound to be heard. The First Dark One looks over her shoulder and grins at the girl. Presley didn't like her smugness at all and tightens her fists. The motion of her hand caused a temporary surge of intensity to her display of power around her hands.

Nimue starts speaking, slowly but clearly.

"Many eons ago, actually not that long after I became the Dark One, I was approached by a man. His name was Hades-"

°

The cave was dark and cold with only a few candles to lighten the chamber. But the man who inhabited the cave could not be bothered by the freezing cold or the biting darkness. It was mostly a reflection of what was in his heart.

Bitter nothingness.

He had lost his place in the light amongst his brothers and sisters to rule the damned and the lost souls of the dead. As compensation he was also Lord of all the riches that the earth brought, but no diamond or piece of gold could make right the injustice done to him. To be forced to remain there for all eternity without being able to see the world above.

Surely, his realm changed to his will. He could want for the sun to shine, but it was not the same. Especially since the Underworld would always remain barren. Nothing in the Underworld was truly alive, so neither would nature. Instead everything was in a state of decay.

While his brothers and sisters feasted and laughed high on Mount Olympus, he was doomed to live in the shadows as an outcast with no one who cared for him and nothing to care about.

Which is why he summoned her...

For years he had been brooding on his plan. He had thought of every possibility to fill the void in his heart, but there was one that truly felt right.

Lord Hades was glaring at the river Lethe while standing at the shore. His arms were crossed before his chest as he was deep in thought, waiting for his guest to arrive.

He didn't have to wait for long as a soft gust of wind enters the cave. A normal person would not have noticed the arrival of the guest in question, but Hades was one of the gods and therefore not any normal person. The redhaired man turns around on his heels. His blazing blue eyes roamed over the cloaked, masked guest.