A Whole Lot of History (Ron Weasley)

Honestly, there's been a lot keeping this one shot from being posted on time, but finally it's here - even if it's kind of late

As always - this hasn't been edited (but by this point, I'm sure you're all used to that) 

____________________

It took me a while to realise where I was.

When I woke up, regaining consciousness after who knew how long, it took an extraordinary amount of effort to open my eyes. Finally managing to wade my way through the fog in my mind that was preventing me from lift my heavy lids, I regretted it instantly. The bed I was in, uncomfortable and yet familiar enough for me to identify it as being in the Hospital Wing, was situated right under a strong beam of sunlight streaming in from a window.

Groaning and rubbing my hands over my face, I glanced around the room in search of Madam Pomfrey who, at my sounds of complaint, ducked out from her office and headed straight for my bed. To my chagrin, the closer she got, the better I could see the obvious displeasure on her face. Averting my eyes, I tried to sit up and the older woman was there to help me.

Finally resting against the pillows, I gathered my hands in my lap and avoiding Pomfrey's persistent eyes. Realising that I wasn't going to look at her, she shook her head with a deep sigh that had me lowering my head even further. It was any wonder that she hadn't already told me off. Eventually, Pomfrey retrieved her wand from where she'd tucked it into her apron and set about casting diagnostic checks and tests to make sure that I was fine. And really, I knew I was fine. But then again, I was currently in the Hospital Wing.

"It looks like everything is alright, Miss Eastwood," she said at last, once more tucking her wand away. She remained by my bedside and only when I finally met her eyes did she sigh again. Only this time, the sigh wiped away her disappointment and replaced it with maternal concern. "You gave everyone quite a scare this time round."

"I'm sorry," I said simply, not knowing what else there was for me to say, especially when I didn't know the full details of the lead up to my current stay under the supervision of the matron. Of course, I had some sort of idea but it was mostly a mystery to me. "How did I end up here in the first place?"

"Someone happened to stumble upon you in the middle of the corridor," she explained slowly, searching my face and watching as my brows furrowed in confusion. "There's no way of knowing how long you were passed out but as soon as the other student found you, you were brought here."

"I passed out in the middle of the corridor?" I repeated slowly, remembering that I'd been running late this morning so I'd decided to take a lesser used short cut. "Rowena, I can't believe it."

With a knowing look, Madam Pomfrey guessed, "It's because you forgot to take your medication this morning, isn't it?"

My response was like a reflex that she'd heard all too often. "I'm sorry."

"It's not me you need to apologise to – it's your own self." Softening her stern tone, she reminded me, "I've told you countless times already that no matter how much of a rush you might be in, every morning you need to eat something and then take a dosage of your potion."

Again, all I could say was, "I'm sorry."

Shaking her head and likely knowing that I wouldn't say anything else apart from apologise regardless of how many different ways she told me the same thing, she simply told me to wait a moment longer. I watched as she returned once more to her office. When she returned to my bedside it was with a familiar potion vial in her hand. Uncorking the bottle, she poured out a single dosage into a small cup and set it down on the counter beside the bed.