All about Timing (Teddy Lupin)

This, as promised, is the one that links onto the last James one shot. I've been having a pretty shit day today so please leave lots of comments to make it better! 

My favourite part of the summer holidays, no matter how unpredictable they were, or how many things I crammed into it, were always the last week. Mainly because every year, without fail, I spent the final week of the holiday staying with my grandmother who, let's be honest, let me get away with so much that my parents wouldn't even think of allowing. I loved her all the same and looked forward to staying with her every year.

This year was no different. The moment I stepped through the front door, I found myself enveloped in a warm embrace that I sunk gratefully into, even if I did have to bend down slightly to hug her properly. Drawing away from my gran with a grin, I smiled down at her when she framed my face with her hands.

"Look how much you've grown up," she said letting go of my face to move the hair from around my face. "Where are your parents?"

"Bringing the bags from the car," I confessed a little guiltily, "I ran in and left them to bring the bags in."

"Why they don't use magic to bring them in, I don't know," she muttered under her breath, taking me by the arm to bring me into the house. "It would be so much easier."

"You live in a muggle neighbourhood," I reminded her with an affectionate eye roll. "Remember?"

"Oh please, a bleeding Hippogriff could walk down the street, and no one would notice," she insisted, steering me towards the front room where I could hear voices from another conversation.

"Is someone here?" I asked curiously, only to frown at the male voice that answered the first. Dropping my gran's arm, I pushed the door open and sure enough, there he was sat on the sofa beside his own grandmother. Teddy turned towards the door, eyebrows rising at the sight of me. "How are you always here whenever I arrive?"

"Hey," he protested, already knowing to shift down the sofa so I could sit beside his grandmother whilst my own headed into the kitchen. She'd no doubt return with a pitcher of squash and her latest disastrous attempt at baking something. "I get dragged here every year."

"Liar," I muttered, slapping his arm away from me when he reached out to put a hand on my knee.

Turning my back to him, I grinned at the waiting woman who leaned forward to hug me. Returning the hug, I conversed with the older woman who had an entire list of questions that she seemed to have prepared to ask me. Only when my parents walked into the room did Mrs Tonks turn her attention from me and onto my mother.

"You've lost so much weight!" she exclaimed, rising to her feet to embrace my mother and leaving me alone with her grandson.

"Wiley," Teddy said quietly from beside me and I turned finally to face him. Silently he gestured towards the door and with a quiet sigh, I let him pull me to my feet and out of the room.

Teddy led the way to the room I always stayed in and I headed straight for the bed, kicking my shoes off and sitting cross-legged in the middle. I watched as Teddy shut the door before gesturing for him to join me. He did so with very little hesitation and I grabbed one of the pillows from the bed to cuddle into it.

"So, spill Lupin, why did you want to leave?"

"Just thought I'd save you," he said with a shrug, leaning back on his arms and watching me through eyes that shifted colour for a fraction of a second to match my own before he amazed to fix it. It was a good thing he had; I rather preferred his eyes to my own. "You know they were just going to talk about random shit anyway."