Regular Customer (James Potter)

So this was requested a while ago by Agustdabbing- and I only got around to it but I hope you like it.

Tomorrow I will be returning to uni so back to struggle to get that degree. 

The wifi is taking longer to sort out than I originally anticipated and will be installed on the 5th of October

The wifi is taking longer to sort out than I originally anticipated and will be installed on the 5th of October. During the next two weeks I might not be able to upload at all but I'll probably wind up using the wifi at the uni library to post a one shot or two but I can't make any promises. 

Running a sweet shop in the middle of Diagon Alley meant that you were always the favourite of the little children who dragged their parents into the store. But often you often found that the parents of said children grew to dislike you after they struggled to pull their children out of the shop. Business always seemed to spike before the school term began whenever families would venture out of their homes to shop for the new school year. The shop, without fail, would be packed during the weeks leading up to September.

Even now, as I stood tending to the customer at the front of the ever-growing queue, I couldn't help but let my eyes do a quick sweep of the store to take stock of what would need to be refilled. Bagging the sweets and totalling up the price, I looked curiously towards my assistant who squeezed past me and into the storeroom at the back. She looked more than a little stressed.

"I need to restock some shelves," she explained, cheeks flushed because of how busy she had been from the moment the shop opened for the day.

"If you need some more of the hazelnut chocolates, they're right at the back," I called out from over my shoulder, spying the display stand that was almost completely empty. "They're boxed and in the corner, next to the toffees."

"I got it!" she called back, voice muffled and reassured that she'd heard me, I could turn my attention back to the customer.

With a smile, I accepted the money from the customer and bid them a good day. Popping the register open, I put the coins into the right sections. Closing the register with a push of my hips, I looked up at the next customer in the line. The sight of him was almost enough to have me rolling my eyes. But I didn't. Maintaining a polite expression, I began to total up the sweets that the black-haired wizard placed on the counter.

"How have you been?" he asked, tucking his hands into his robe pockets. I watched him long enough to see that he shuffled a little nervously on his feet before continuing to ring the items up. I didn't want him to think he held any of my attention.

"Fine," I answered shortly.

I studied Potter from under my eyelashes and saw the way he frowned at my abrupt tone; he should have been used to it by now. Clearing his throat, he leaned a little towards the counter as he spoke to fill the silence, to try and get me to pay attention to him. "I got made Head Boy."