Chapter 7

After weeks of dad being in the hospital, they finally released him. I missed out on the last part of summer with him, and now I was forced to go back home. Mom and Jeff, her husband, stayed at a motel close by in a town a few minutes away, so they could help take care of me. It was either that, or I had to go home early and I absolutely refused. I wasn't ready.

I'm still not ready.

     I actually love it here. This little small down in Alabama has became everything to me in just a short amount of time. I realized how much I actually love and miss my dad, and I also have Jeremy here now. I didn't want to go and be a senior at some huge school with a beach beside it. I wanted to be a senior at a small school with woods right beside it. I wanted a new life, because I took life for granted and I almost lost my dad. He has made mistakes. A lot of them, but so have I. So has my mom, so has everyone. I guess I was so angry at him for leaving my mom that I forgot how much he meant to me when he was still with us. I miss coming home from school and talking to him. He's easy to talk to. My mom and Jeff are always working. Always busy. Sarah's in college and when she is on a break she is studying. I only have my two best friends, but even they ditch me sometimes. Life is so lonely back at home, but here.. I feel like I belong here. This is my home, and always will be. I'm so sad I'm leaving in two weeks. So much to do, so little time.

     I better make the most of this.