Chapter Seven

*Two Months Later*

    Sophie has been getting well acquainted with the care home, and the people within it. Most of the girls don't seem to like her. She has made a good friend in another girl named Morgan. And Mary will sometimes talk to her as well.

    She happens to be arranging her plastic dinosaurs in order of the era of which they are from, when Mindy, one of the mean girls makes fun of her. "Girls can't like dinosaurs," she states matter of factly.

    "Leave her alone, Mindy," Morgan demands. Morgan is the girl that everyone else is scared of, except Sophie, to her, Morgan's a teddy-bear.

    Before an physical fight can break out between Morgan and Mindy, Deborah bursts in the room sputtering, "Well, Doctor Foreman, I greatly apologize. I didn't realize you were a child psychologist. Or that you were instructed to check in the children. I'll just leave you and your assistants to it."

    Behind Deborah stands and older gentleman wearing a cape and a hat that looks somewhat like a tea cozy on the top of his head. He holds a cane in his hand, although he doesn't seem to need it.

    Standing behind this fellow are a man and woman. The man is wearing a loose fitting grey suit, and the woman wears a business skirt, and a cardigan.

    Along with these three there's another girl, she's younger than the rest, and she's wearing a jumper and a pair of trousers, and her hair is cut in the pixie cut.

    Now, Sophie isn't one to judge, but these people seem strange, and Sophie has been looking for strange.

    "Well then, Doctor, you got us in, now what do you expect us to do?"

    "Talk to the children, Chickertin, that's your job as a teacher, is it not?"

    The man huffs and begrudgingly approaches Morgan, while the woman goes to Mindy.

    Sophie approaches the older man, hoping to arrive at a conclusion as to why is truly and really there. He is clearly not a psychologist, as he claimed. He seems oddly families, but Sophie's not quite sure why.

    "Sir," the girl begins, "may I ask you a question?"

    The man quickly turns around, more quickly than you would assume a man of his age. "Yes, yes, what do you want?"

    "Your not really a psychologist, are you?"

    "Of course I am, how dare you suggest otherwise." The man says, seeming rather flustered.

    "You certainly don't seem like one. I think you're an alien."

    Before the 'psychologist' can say anything, the woman spies her talking to Doctor Foreman. She swoops in to drag Sophie away.

    "Hello, dear, my name is Barbara Wright, can you tell me yours?"

    Sophie, still quite suspicious, decides to answer the question truthfully, she shouldn't lie, anyway, this woman seems very trustworthy, "Sophia McCoy."

    "Okay, Sophia, have you seen anything that may have been out of the ordinary?"

    Doctor Foreman is still eyeing the child suspiciously from his place by the door, so the child decides to whisper, "Besides you and your alien friends? Not in about two months."

    Barbara gets a shocked look across her face. She wanders how this child picked up on the fact that some of her friends are aliens.

    "Ian, can you come here, please?" The tall man in a suit turns from Morgan and comes over to Ms Wright and the young girl. "Sophie, here, seems to think that my friends are aliens."

    His eyes widen, but he hides his shock better than Barbara.

    "I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean."

    "Listen, Mr..."

    "Chesterton, Ian Chesterton."

    "Listen, Mr. Chesterton, I don't mean to imply that you and Ms. Wright are aliens, no, I mean your friends."

    Before the two get a chance to respond, across the room the teen calls out, "Grandfather, I think I have found something."

    Barbara and Ian turn to look at what the girl had found, a small mechanical bug."

Hello Sweeties,
Okay, so, this one is a bit short, I do have a plan as to the next chapter. Obviously it's the First Doctor.
                                                                                                                  TTFN,
                                                                                               theatregirlsmp