Chapter Forty-Two

The blue box finally fully materializes in the living area of the flat. The ticking coming from the kitchen is getting louder and more incessant. Both women glance back and forth between box and device. The door on the TARDIS creaks open, a mop of brown hair popping out the door. Sophie rushes up to the doors, placing her hand on the Time Lord's face, and shoving it back inside his box, "No solicitation, thanks."

"But, I-" the Doctor tries again.

Sophie grabs the door handle, tugging the doors shut, while saying, "I said no solicitation!" She glances around the room, spotting the broom leaning against the wall. She leans over, still holding the doors shut with one hand. She shoves the broom handle through the door handles, and then leans against the box, trying to act casual.

Morgan glowers at her, "Hang on, what's going on there?"

"What?" Sophie asks, cocking her head, "I don't know what you're talking about."

The other woman rolls her eyes, brushing Sophie aside. She removes the broom, and pulls the doors open. The Time Lord once again pokes his head out of the box. He beans upon seeing Morgan, "Hello."

"Who are you, and what the h*ll do you want."

"I'm the Doctor," the man continues to beam, "Would you like a Jelly Baby?"

Morgan glances over at Sophie, "I'm sorry, do you know this clown?"

"Yes, he's my oldest mate, my best friend. Now what's that crazy thing in the kitchen, and why does it sound like it will blow up our flat?"

"It's not going to blow up. Stop changing the subject."

"I answered your question. It would be nice if you could answer mine. What the bl**dy h*ll is the thing in the kitchen."

Morgan goes to respond, but the Doctor steps forward, swinging his scarf around his neck, "If I may interject."

Sophie raises an eyebrow at him, "Shush, the adults are talking." The Doctor's eyes widen, and both of his eyebrows raise in sync. Sophie considers apologizing, but the device in the kitchen suddenly starts to beep rather loudly. She points one finger at the Time Lord, "Stay here. We'll be right back."

Sophie knows, without a doubt in her mind, that the Doctor will not stay where he is. His curiosity will lead him to follow the women, but she gave it a shot. Morgan and herself round the corner once again to come face to face with the device. There's a blue light blinking in the center of the device. Its hovering at face level. Sophie moves toward, but Morgan grabs her arm. "Don't."

"Why not? You said it won't explode. Is it dangerous then?"

"Might so. Look, it's a long story."

"I've got time. I know quite a lot about aliens, and time travel. All that jazz. Whatever it is, you can tell me. We're friends, Mo. And friends don't keep secrets." She then turns her head, and while maintaining eye contact with her flatmate says, "Isn't that right, Doctor?"

"Indubitably."

"He's lying," Sophie shrugs. "Look, Mo, whatever it is, we can help you. Trust me."

The woman sighs, but nods. She leads then back into the living area, sitting in the arm chair. Sophie and Doctor flop down onto the sofa side by side.

"So, I'm not from earth," Morgan starts.

"Really!" the Doctor grins, "Neither am I."

Sophie rolls her eyes, but Morgan just continues. "My parents were the leaders of the freedom fighters on Dimskivtakoor. They were, um, arrested, and executed. The other fighters managed to hide me, but they knew it was only a matter of time before they all got caught as well. So, they pulled a Superman. Stuck me in a shuttle, and set the coordinates at random. Ended up here, and that's that. 'Cept, I think they've finally found me."

The Doctor nods, "Rumour had it that at least one member of the royal family survived. That's you, aren't you. Those 'freedom fighters' were trying to reclaim their home from the hands of the Samsionikaa race."

"That's about the whole of it," Morgan says, standing up. Her body shimmers slightly, revealing a large, long purple body. It's rather snakelike, long golden curls descending from her head. "My real name is Morigann'I'nini, and it seems as if the invaders have finally found me."

"We can help though, right, Doctor?"

He cocks his head to the left and then to the right, looking pensive. Sophie worries her lip, waiting for his response. About a minute later he smiles, and shrugs, "I do love a good rebellion. Jace, get a good coat, Dimskivtakoor is known to be very cold."

She leaps to her feet, and races to her room. She yanks a coat off the hanger, beating the Doctor to the TARDIS. He looks a bit surprised, "Maybe you should lay off the coffee, Jace, it seems to be making you a bit hyperactive."

The woman blinks, before staring at him, "You run around thousands of different planets, saving tons of lives, and never taking a break, but I'm the hyperactive one?"

He pats the top of her head like one would a dog, "That is what I said, yes."

"I hate you sometimes."

"Yes, I am aware."

She tucks herself under his arm, as he easily unlocks the TARDIS. Morgan follows behind them, her shimmer having been reactivated. She enters the ship, her eyes widening as she looks around, "Are you a Time Lord?"

The Doctor frowns a bit, "Yes. That's not the normal reaction I receive when people enter my TARDIS."

"I'm not a normal passenger."

The Time Lord shrugs, flipping switches, and turning dials. Sophie stands next to the main lever, watching the Doctor dance around his ship. Morgan is standing by the rails, biting the tip of her thumb, seeming very nervous. She doesn't know what to say to her friend, so chooses instead to focus on the Doctor. He turns the last dial, and Sophie doesn't hesitate to pull the lever beside her, setting the ship into flight.

The Doctor grins, as the wheezing, groaning noise of the TARDIS dematerializing fills the room. "So," Morgan starts, leaning against the wall, "What exactly is the plan?"

The Doctor raises his eyebrows, "Plan? Plan! You expect me to have a plan!"

The princess looks over at Sophie, looking frightened, "You said I could trust him. He's gonna get me killed!"

The woman holds up her arms, "Calm down. The Doctor, while rather eccentric, can be trusted. He, he never has a plan, well, not a full proof plan at least. But, you have an idea, right Doc?"

"Of course. I'm not a complete idiot, you know."

"Well, most of the time anyway."