25

Patton got out Monopoly and practically forced Logan and Virgil to play it. Each time Virgil opened his mouth to ask what was going on, Patton would cut him off and tell him to focus on the game. Finally, Virgil gave in and stopped asking.

      As they played, Patton nonchalantly leaned against Logan, but now before kissing his cheek. Logan's face turned bright red, and he looked away.

     "So...are you two together now," Virgil asked, unable to stop himself from grinning. Logan's blush grew darker at the question, and he looked away. Patton was the one who answered.

      "Of course! Lo Lo asked me out as soon as I..." His voice trailed off slightly. "As soon as I got free from...whatever that was."

      Virgil gave him a soft smile. "Congrats, dad. I'm so happy for you."

      Patton shifted slightly and reached out, ruffling Virgil's hair affectionately. "Thanks kiddo! I can't wait for you to have a boyfriend!"

      Virgil's cheeks heated up, and he looked away, embarrassed. "Yeah...that's never going to happen."

      "Never say never!"

      After a long time, Roman finally came back to the mind palace. He had a huge smile on his face, as if he had just done something that he was proud of. Patton looked up when he heard him enter, and the smile he had previously returned.

      "Virgil! Virge, I gotta show you something. Would you like to come with me?" Virgil hesitated for a moment, looking between their game and Roman's hopeful expression.

      "We can clean up the game," Patton told him, waving a hand dismissively. "Go have fun!"

      Virgil gave him a smile, before turning back to Roman. "Yeah, I would love to!"

      Roman reached out his hand and offered it to Virgil. When the smaller male took it, he hauled him up, though he didn't let go of his hand just yet. "Bye gays," he called in a sing-song voice as he tugged Virgil out of the door.

      For a few minutes, they walked in silence. Finally, Virgil broke the silence. "So, where are you leading me?"

      "You'll see," The prince responded vaguely. From the spring in his step Virgil knew that he was getting more and more excited about leading him to...wherever they were going.

      Finally, they arrived at a large field full of wildflowers. Virgil stifled a gasp as he looked around. It was quite beautiful. It was the perfect temperature, and the scent of flowers filled the air. Not too far away there was a space cleared away. On the ground was a blanket, and on top of it a picnic basket.

      "Do you like it?"

      Virgil looked back towards Roman, who had a nervous yet hopeful expression on his face. He gave him a smile, and tugged him towards the picnic.

      "Like it? No, I don't like it. I love it! This place is perfect, Ro!"

      Roman breathed a sigh of relief, before settling down on the blanket. He patted the spot next to him, and Virgil settled down beside him. Virgil nonchalantly leaned against the prince, causing a faint blush to form on his cheeks.

      Roman ruffled his hair, before reaching out and grabbing the basket. He pulled out some sandwiches and fruit, before grabbing a couple of waters. He set them down, before looking up towards his companion.

      "So, Virgil, I've been meaning to ask you something," he began. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly before asking, "Virgil...would you--would you be my boyfriend?"

       Virgil just stared at him in shock, unable to believe what he had heard. Instead of responding, he leaned in, gently kissing Roman. Roman tensed at first, but then wrapped his arms around him and kissed him back.

      Once they pulled back, Virgil told him softly, "Of course I want to be your boyfriend."

      Roman pulled him into another kiss.

      "I love you."

Hey guys, that's the end! This was my first story I've actually finished. I hope you liked it. I might make a prequal, so tell me if you'd like to see it or not. Thanks for reading!