Batteries And Threats

KAMILLE
"Remember August Alsina's fat assistant?! Well she got her a cute boyfriend y'all!" I read MediaTakeOut's headline on me out loud. I sucked my teeth. "I hate this fuckin website." I hissed. "Bitch, ain't this what you wanted?! The attention off of you and Aug. Now the focus is on you being with Markell." Karreuche said. In fact, she was right. I scrolled down some more, and there was a picture of me and Kell hugged up. "Ooh, y'all look cute." Karreuche said rubbing her still-small tummy. I gave her a look. "Yeah but who the fuck took this pic?" I said glaring at the off guard of us, knowing it wasn't planned. "Shit, you must have paparazzi on you now." Karreuche laughed. I shook my head. "Cold Sweat" by Tinashe started to play out loud from my phone before I knew that Aug was calling me.
"Hello?" I picked up.
"You checked out MediaTakeOut, lately?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm on it now... Why?" I asked. "Cause you and that faggot made it on there as a couple!" Aug spat. I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at it. "Hello?" I said again as if I just picked up the phone. "Yeah! You heard me?!" Aug said. "Oh , baby I heard you. I just wanted you to start over because apparently, you done lost ya rabbit ass mind!" I hissed. "Aright, my bad. But Kamille, you're my shorty. of course ima feel some typa way- seeing you caked up with some other nigga." He spoke softly. "Awwwwwww!" Karreuche said , hearing him. "Who that? Kay?" Aug got sidetracked. "Yeah." I responded and put him on speaker. "Breezy hype about the baby, y'all know." August said. "He knows?! You told him?!" Kay yelled. "Nah, but he knew. Trust me, baby... we know about these things, more than you know." He said laughing. "Don't call her baby." I budded in. Karreuche's phone started to ring. "Its Chris!" She said. "Go into the other room and talk to him." I shrugged. Karreuche picked up and walked out. "Bae, ain't this what we needed?" I asked getting back to August. "I guess, Kamille... but I can't stand seeing you with no one else. You mines." He said. "Baby... This if for our job's sake. You and Azika gon be on here, real soon with all the dates y'all been going on..." I said. "I'd rather be on MTO with you, ma. I'm about tired of hiding this shit." Aug admitted. "We gotta keep holding on, baby."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
4 MONTHS LATER
"Ayo... Amber is driving me nuts. I don't know who the fuck puttin a battery in her back- but her lil Chinese ass need to get put in check. I'm bout to punch her in her fuckin throat." Tegan was livid over the phone. I laid next to Kell. "Calm down... wassup? What's wrong? what did she do?" I smacked Kell's hands away from my thigh. "She over here coming home when she want and she be on the phone with I don't fuckin know who. Plus I caught her with Mess a few times!" He raised his voice. "What? she was with Messiah?! Oh hell no. I told her ass to not even think about it. So she just disregarded what I said?" I sat up on my bed. "My nigga, I'm thinkin bout letting Lyasia fuck her ass up! Since she think she so grown." He said suckin his teeth. I shook my head. "Nah that's our little sister, we gotta protect her. I'll go get her on Saturday. Just, have patience Tigga. Remember... she just got out the system not too long ago. She still adjusting to life with us." I spoke softly. "Man ima try, but ima call you later , Moniece bout to come over and you know I gotta bust her ass in order to get my mind off this shit." Tegan spoke on his new bitch. "Ew, I ain't ask you all that, bye nigga." I said hanging up but not before hearing Tegan laugh. "Amber acting up?" Markell said kissing up on my shoulder. "You know it." I leaned back on my bed. "My sister be acting the same way. She swear she pay rent." Kell shook his head. "It be like that , I guess. but ima set her straight- before the streets do."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
AMBER
I took a pull from Messiah's blunt. "Gin and Juice" by Snoop dogg was on blast and we were just laid back on his bed. Everything was so High Def. My eyes were low and I couldn't feel my face. My body felt like it was vibrating. "This some good shit huh, Princess?" Messiah said rubbing on my ass. "Mhmmm." I said as I took another pull and passed the blunt back to him. His phone started to vibrate and I saw Lyasia's name pop up. He continued to face the bud and not pay her call any mind. I was too lit to even think about bothering him about Lyasia. I closed my eyes and listened to Snoop spit. As I expected, Messiah slipped his hands into my sweats and rubbed my clit as he started kissing on my neck. I moaned a bit. "You know what I want, right?" He whispered into my ear. I nodded and got on my knees as he laid back and unbuttoned his True Religions. "Yeahhhh, open ya mouth a little more... Just like tha- ughnnn fuck. I swear, you the best when a nigga high, ma."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
KAMILLE
"Hello?" I picked up to the private number.
"Guess who, bitch." I heard a voice that made my heart sink a bit.
"I don't got time for the guessing games." I said trying to maintain my toughness.
"Fuck what you got time for, fat bitch. I know you set me up..." the woman's voice continued... "you could've just said you wanted to fight one on one, but noooo. ya scary ass went and got you some minions, heh?" It was Rihanna.
"I don't know what you talking bout, but you got the game twisted ma." I lied. "Now you copping the plea?! Oh no... see...I got people working for me, Kamille. You better becareful who you get close with, cause with that one person... I can end your whole career and happiness. I have no proof as of now that you set me up, but I know it was you. You better just hope that your deepest darkest secrets don't get into my hands, cause I will turn your life all up side down, baby girl. I don't deal with the Feds...I handle shit on my own- so let me get some dirt on you and me and Nicki gon bring your fat ass down."
*click* ... just like that. The conversation was over. I never was the type to take threats lightly, especially when there wasn't much I could do about it. All I knew was that Nicki was in on this shit too, and best believe I was finna tell Aug about the whole phone call. As I got in my Lambo to be on my way to my baby's crib I couldn't help but think ... Shit is only gon get crazier from here on out.