23

5B

Stiles had dragged Lucy to the hospital. His dad had gotten hurt and he wanted her there.

Stiles walked up to the front desk and after a moment, Lucy followed. The nurse looked up. "Stilinski, right? You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?"

He shot her an annoyed look. "No, he's the sheriff. He's the county sheriff."

The nurse nodded. "Okay. He's covered. I mean, he should be covered."

Melissa arrived and smiled. "I'll take care of it. I texted Scott. He's coming as soon as he can."

Stiles shook his head. "No, no, no. Don't, don't call anyone."

The nurse sighed. "Is there anyone else we need to notify? A next of kin?"

"No, it's me. It's just me."

They made their way back to the chairs and Stiles' eyes began to get misty. Despite not liking touching, Lucy pulled him close and his head rested on her lap.

A couple hours later, he woke up to see Melissa standing in front of them. "He's okay. Dr. Geyer is stitching him up right now."

"Okay. I wanna see him," Stiles said as he stood up.

"Okay, okay. The anesthesia needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

"Okay, yeah, but everything's gonna be okay though, I mean, he's okay?"

Melissa smiled softly and nodded. "He's gonna be just fine."

Two hours later, Melissa and Dr. Geyer appeared, telling that something had happened to the sheriff.

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "What do you mean you don't know?! Two hours ago, he was fine! Now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck!"

Dr. Geyer frowned. "There's could've been some minor internal..."

"Did you say minor internal? Since when is anything internal minor?"

"Stiles..." Melissa called gently.

He shook his head angrily. "I need to know what's going on with him, okay? Dr. Geyer, somebody needs to tell me what's happening. Somebody needs to tell me what's happening to him!"

"We don't know," Dr. Geyer replied.

Stiles turned to Lucy. "Is he--"

Lucy bit her lip and nodded.

Stiles noticed Scott and rushed him. Lucy rolled her eyes and pulled Stiles back. He shrugged her off and tackled Scott to the ground. "Where were you?! You trusted him! You believed him! Right, huh?! So where were you?! Where the hell were you?!"

Hospital security pulled them apart. Stiles took a moment to calm down. "Okay, alright, alright."

"Your dad's not the only one who got hurt," Scott said.

Lucy noticed that his shirt was the same, with the claw marks and everything.

"Oh, you'll heal," Stiles retorted.

Scott shook his head. "I'm not talking about me."

"Who then?" Lucy asked.

Scott remained silent and led them to Lydia's room. She was in a catatonic state and Lucy grabbed Stiles' hand.

They spoke with Parrish and Melissa regarding Lydia's condition.

"It could be a side effect of shock," Parrish guessed.