11. The Faster I Type The Password, The More Ninja-y I Feel

***This is pretty much unedited, so beware.  I'll come back and edit it later because I'm sleeeeepyyyyyy.***

Chapter 11

The Faster I Type The Password, The More Ninja-y I Feel

The next morning, we were on our jet before six o'clock.  The reason?  Dad thought that we needed to go to D.C.  The National Archives to be exact.  The last time we were there, we were stealing the piece of Aztec gold from the National Museum of Natural History.

I could only imagine what we were going to do this time.

But as Dad drove us from the airport to the National Archives, he didn't say a word.  We were all wondering just what we could find there and yet he wasn't giving us a hint at all.  He just had that smug smile plastered there on his face.  Even Brielle was trying to coax something out of him, but to no avail.

"I'll just say, I called in a favor," Dad said, looking back at me.  I was sitting directly behind him with Addy in between me and Max in her car seat.  She was currently playing with his hand, slobbering all over his fingers.  Sophie, Ben, and Drew were yet again sitting together in the back.  The SUV Dad had gotten was more spacious, so they weren't too crowded. 

"And just who would that favor be?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.  "Because you know quite a few people who are willing to do you favors if it means us finding another treasure."

Dad just grinned again.  "I say again.  You'll see."

I shook my head and looked over at Max.  He wasn't even paying attention to what was being said.  He, Ben, and Drew were all playing with Addy, Ben and Drew leaning over the back of the seat.  They were making funny faces at her in turns, making her giggle.  I'll admit it was really adorable.  Three grown men playing with a baby?  Who wouldn't love that? 

I looked back Sophie, who was seated behind me.  She was watching the three of them with an amused expression on her face.  And when she saw me, she just shook her head, smiling.

Once we were there and parked in the employee parking lot, we all piled out and tried to get everything together before we headed inside.  The guys were fighting over who got to hold Addy in her baby carrier.  In the end, Max won, mostly because when I held Addy out to see who she would go to, it was him.  He looked a little smug as Brielle helped him with the buckles. 

"What can I say?" Max said as I held Addy in the carrier while Brielle snapped her in.  "I'm a real ladies man."

As we walked toward one of the side doors that employees entered through, I knew that Dad had to have someone put in that we were allowed to come in.  But we didn't need anyone as it turned out. 

Because Agents Hudson and Turner were standing there on the sidewalk before we even got to the door. 

They were dressed in civilian clothes like they were trying to blend in.  It really didn't help that I could see the outline of the gun on Agent Turner's waist as he pulled his black coat tightly around him in the chilly wind. 

"Fancy seeing you here," Agent Turner said with a knowing smile as he looked at Dad. 

"We could say the same to you," Dad said as they shook hands.  "Everything is in order then?  We can get in?"

Agent Hudson nodded.  "Everything's taken care of.  Dr. Ashford, the director, is waiting for you inside right now.  We've gotten clearance to go into the back archives...but only for two of you," she said, her eyes going to me and Sophie.  "Callie?  Sophie?"