4. Well, I Wasn't Quite Expecting That For Christmas

Chapter 4

Well, I Wasn't Quite Expecting That For Christmas

I guess I forgot how Max and I must have looked after our food fight because neither of the boys would let me hug them until I was cleaned up.  Believe me, I tried, just to mess with them, but they just pushed me away once I got even close.

While I cleaned up in our bathroom, Max took a shower in one of the guest bathrooms.  After getting dressed and putting on the necklace that Max had gotten me again, I headed back downstairs where he and the boys were cleaning up the kitchen.

"What do you mean, you haven't?" Ben asked, turning toward Max, who had his back to me.  Ben's eyes widened for a moment when he saw me standing there.  "Hey, Callie.  Since we're being the perfect little house guests, we're helping you clean up this God awful mess that you two made."

I smiled, though I was still looking at him funny with what he said before he saw me.  "Thanks.  You don't have to if you don't want to."

Both he and Drew grinned.  "It's fine," they both said.

"Just sit back and watch us handsome men clean your kitchen," Drew said. 

"But am I allowed to give you two hugs since I'm not messy anymore?" I asked, walking toward the two of them. 

Ben rolled his eyes and opened his arms.  "You just want me for my body, but sure."

I laughed as I hugged them both.  They both held me longer than they had to, making jeers at Max about them with his girl.  I just rolled my eyes when they finally let me go and went over to wrap my arms around Max's waist.

"You know you're my favorite," I said, smiling up at him.  

He just rolled his eyes and planted a kiss on my forehead.  "I'd better be," he said, smiling back. 

I just laughed and rolled my eyes, turning back to Ben and Drew, who were pretending to throw up at our display. 

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked. 

"What do you mean, what are we doing here?" Ben asked in mock horror.  "We've come to be with our two favorite people on our favorite holiday!"

"Plus, we wanted the presents," Drew said, grinning.  "But don't worry!  We've got you some, too!"

I raised an eyebrow.  "You can give me a present now, if you want."

"A hot make out session in the back of my car?" Ben suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. 

Drew grinned evilly.  "I can give you something better than a make out session," he said, pointing to front of his pants.

I just rolled my eyes as Max smacked both of them on the back of the head.  "You guys are idiots," he said.

"Now, for my present..." I said, smiling sweetly at the three of them as they looked at me.  "Clean my kitchen."

It took us about three hours to get the kitchen back the way it looked before my and Max's food fight.  All three of them were moaning and groaning when I told them that we had to start the baking again.

"But we've just cleaned everything," Ben said.

"But this is a family tradition," I said, going into the pantry to get the ingredients for the cupcakes again.  "And, like it or not, you guys are undoubtedly a part of this family now.  If you weren't, why would you be coming over for Christmas?"

"Um, because we love you?" Ben said, raising an eyebrow over at Drew. 

"And we don't have our own girlfriends, so we like to be with Max's?" Drew said.  His expression was almost identical to Ben's as they both turned their heads to look at me.