25. We're Not Lost...We're On An Adventure!

***Just like my other stories in this series, this is TOTALLY FAKE.  Just thought I'd let you know.  They haven't found anything like what you're going to read about in the pyramids.  Hieroglyphs, yes, but not the seal that I made up.  And most definitely not the treasure...though you have to admit that it would be awesome!

And again, disregard any mistakes!***

Chapter 25

We’re Not Lost…We’re On An Adventure!

This last leg of a treasure hunt was…for lack of a better word…strange.  And how might it have been strange?  Because unlike our last two, no one was running us down and our lives weren’t in danger.  Now, I wouldn’t say they weren’t in any danger, but we weren’t being chased by crazy madmen. 

But we’d made it to Egypt a few days after we got Max back and Vince was taken into custody.  Why did it take us a few days?  Because we basically had to hide out in our hotel in Florence because of all of the news crews that wanted a story.  I mean, Max had thought to have been dead, only was kidnapped and held against his will instead…not that it was any better or anything. 

All of us were here except for Brielle.  She was back at the hotel, mostly because this wasn’t the kind of thing that Addy should have been in, though she would probably be sleeping the entire time. 

But now we were standing in front of the Great Pyramid of Giza, ready to find whatever treasure might have been below it. 

Too bad we could barely see it under the moonlight.

Yeah, because we had to be there at night.  Now, with having to also somehow make our way through the darkened tunnels inside, we had to find our way into them also.  Thank goodness for flashlights, though.

“Aren’t we supposed to be meeting with someone?” Max asked, looking over at Dad as we all stood there in a circle.  He had my hand in his, pretty much like he had in the past few days.  Not because he didn’t want to let go, I didn’t want him to let go.  It was my way of making sure that he was always there beside me. 

Dad nodded, moving his flashlight toward where our two cars were parked.  “One of the archeologists for the site should be here by now.  I don’t know…”

That’s when we all saw the headlights in the distance, coming down the road toward us.  We watched as the car pulled up, parked beside us, and a man got out. 

“Sorry I am late,” the man said in a slight accent when he got to us.  “I am Dr. Adjo.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Dad said, reaching out to shake his hand.  “I’m…”

Dr. Adjo laughed.  “Oh, there is no need to introduce everyone.  I already know.  You’re pretty much famous around here for your last discovery in Egypt, though that was a few years ago, yes?”

Dad nodded, laughing slightly.  “Yes, it was.”

“Now,” Dr. Adjo said as he started to walk us toward the pyramid.  “Why is it that we needed to meet here at night?”

“Tourists, for one,” Dad explained.  “We need to do this where no one else knows.  It’s…kind of life changing if we find this.”

“But what will you find?  There is nothing that we haven’t found already.”

Dad reached into his back pocket, pulling out the folded piece of paper that he’d put there before we’d left our hotel.  “Have you seen this symbol anywhere?” he asked, handing him the paper.  “It’s…”