1

It wasn't supposed to take more then 5 minutes. 5 minutes. 5 minutes for Nishinoya to run down to the bus to grab his bag he had forgotten, and come back. Asahi glanced down at his phone, it taken him 16 minutes and he still wasn't back.

Asahi sat on the benches in the locker room with the rest of Karasuno boys volleyball team. They had been prepping for a match against a team he hadn't heard of, nor did Asahi remember the teams name. Even though they weren't even practicing yet, Nishinoya presence, or lack of, was so obvious it was effecting the team. He was so enthusiastic and energetic, always pumping everyone up before a match.

Without him, the teams nerves were everywhere, worse off then normal. Hinata has already made his second bathroom break and they hadn't even been on the court yet. Asahi quickly glanced down at his phone, just in time to see the clock go by.

Now he was really worried.

He stood up"I'm going to go find Nishinoya"He announced, causing everyone to turn to him.

"Are you sure Asahi? We are about to head down to the court" Suga brought up, turning fully towards his fellow third year.

He nodded in response"Noya should've been back 12 minutes ago, I need to see what's going on"Asahi explained.

Dachi nodded "he's right, he's been gone far too long-"He started and then smiled "good luck Asahi!"

Everyone followed the captains lead and muttered something about "good luck" or "be back soon!". Asahi waved as he exited the locker room and into the hallway.

He started to follow what path he assumed Nishinoya would have gone down. If he knew Noya, he knew he would try to get there and back as fast as he could. Asahi knew for a fact that the fastest way from the entrance to the locker rooms was through the main hallway and down to the right. Down the right hallway was the men's locker rooms so it would only make sense he would find him somewhere in between.

As he walked he could feel fear rising in his chest. He knew it was probably for nothing. That's just how he was, he was constantly worried something would go wrong and he also knew it was all in his head. Nishinoya probably just started to slack off for a quick minute. That made sense for the reckless libero. He was probably fine. Probably.

As he turned the corner into the main hallway he felt all his anxiety wash away. However, this lasted only for a few seconds before he realized that Nishinoya was definitely not fine.

He sat on the floor, leaning heavily on the lockers behind him, and he was cradling his wrist. Asahi did notice that he did indeed have his bag next to him. So something happened on his way back?

It didn't matter. He needed to know what was wrong and what happened. He needed to make sure he was okay. He had to be ok.

A/N
Hello! Welcome to first Haiykuu fanfic! Yes this chapter was short, I'm sorry! I want to drag it on a little. I promise I'll try to make them longer and more detailed! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it so far! Author out!