chapter 32

Itachi had another busy morning, but he was well used to it, it had been almost a year since he had been nominated CEO, and Uchiha business was flourishing under his guidance, and Fugaku was starting to seriously consider retiring early and leaving everything under Itachi's command, the company had never been better, after Izuna's revelations, it had been easy for Sasori and Kisame to spot how, Root and Akatsuki were stealing their projects and information, and had gone right to the source and Danzo Shimura and his ally Orochimaru had been arrested for fraud, and Obito had to pay a big fine, and also serve some time in jail for his complicity in their actions. He had found though, once he was let out of prison, that Itachi didn't hold any grudge towards him, since he was aware that it had been Madara's actions to drive him into such a behavior, and despite Fugaku not really agreeing with his son at first, had to admit it had been a good idea, and Obito was content with being a simple executive, abandoning his desire to acquire a position of command, and helping his younger cousin whenever he needed it.

Shisui had developed the research program, and his new projects were a real success. Madara could be proud of them, all of them, their team work was excellent, and they had built strong partnerships not only with Namikaze, but with Akatsuki too. Yahiko had been mortified after the scandal with Obito, but everything had been solved, and Akatsuki was gaining a good position in their field.

All in all life was good. His relationship with Naruko was strong as ever, and although they had no plans to get married or to go live together for now, they were happy.

The blonde was set to start college there in Konoha in september, and she and the girls had decided to get a little place together near campus and live together. Itachi had agreed with that, not only because it wasn't his choice, and he respected Naruko's decisions, but also because he wanted her to have her experiences and that she shouldn't be denied of them just because of him. He trusted her, and he wanted her happiness before anything else, and she had already brought some of her things in his apartment, planning to spend her weekends there with him. He liked the arrangement, and she could move in whenever she wished to, although Minato would probably have a stroke, he still wasn't used to the idea his children were going to leave home soon, and he wasn't really aware of his wife planning a wedding, that who knows when would happen, he was sure that would be the end for the blond haired man.

His phone rang in his pocket, and he smirked when he read the name on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey! How are you doing?" he smiled hearing the happy tone and Naruko's joyful voice. She was in Suna, at a martial arts tournament with Kakashi and Sakura, and she was determined to win this time, after last years failure, and a couple of third or second positions in other competitions. He couldn't go to her, since he was stuck with work, but it was Friday, and she was going to be back tomorrow morning, and they had already planned a quite evening at home, and he couldn't wait for her to be back.

"Busy as ever, what about you? How is the tournament?"

He frowned, his eyes focusing on the door, waving at Shisui that was bringing some lunch. He couldn't believe it was already mid day, but he was glad, he really was tired and he couldn't wait to crash on his bed that evening.

"Well, I have the last match in an hour, and from there, we will see if I make it to the final, this evening. Kakashi is optimistic though, the next match is against Lee"

He raised his brows at that, he was sure she could beat him, he had seen her fight, and had trained her himself when he had the time, and thought her some of his own techniques, the ones that always assured him victory. He was sure she was coming home with a trophy this time.