chapter 10

Naruko gasped at the faintly familiar voice and turned towards it searching for it's owner. Her expression immediately brightened when she recognised who had called her.

"Gaara? What are you doing here?" she smiled at the redheaded boy that was standing in front of her with an almost invisible smile on his lips.

"Hey! He's not alone you know!"

"Kankorou! I'm sorry I didn't notice you!" she rubbed a hand behind her neck, lips spread in a big grin.

"yeah, people tend do that a lot" the brown haired man pouted. Gaara simply ignored his older brother with a sigh, and simply nodded at the girl.

"We are here with our father, he has an important meeting with both Uchiha corp and Namikaze industries tomorrow"

"And you didn't even call me to tell me you were coming? I could get offended you know" she said sticking her nose in the air and her hands on her hips, trying to look convincing, everybody knew she didn't get easily offended, it was almost impossible. No one had ever seen the girl truly angry it was a rare occurrence, and it usually was directed at a certain black haired Uchiha.

Gaara didn't even flinch at her words.

"We just got here Naruko, we have just finished setting things up in the hotel we're staying in, I would've called after we got something to eat"

He explained calmly at the blonde active girl, whose eyea widened and she grabbed his arm, latching hers onto it.

"I guess you're hungry then! Come on, let's go I will take you where they make the best ice cream and pastries in Konoha"

It was four in the afternoon after all, perfect for a snack.

"We don't want to disturb, it seemed like you had other plans"

Gaara looked towards the other two girls, who were watching the scene, the pale blonde one, had a frown on her pretty face, the other was just curious.

Naruko who had momentarily forgotten about them, got closer to her redheaded friend.

"Please Gaara, help me, or Ino will drag me all across Konoha shopping!" she whispered in his ear, and Gaara couldn't hold in a snicker at her frightened expression.

"Well, I guess I can't let down a friend in need" he said, and the blonde girl smiled, fist pumping in the air

"Yes! No shopping!"

"Man, she must really hate it" Kankorou commented as he watched the girl happy dance in the middle of the street, not bothering about people staring at her.

"I heard everything you know" Ino pouted crossing her arms on her chest.

Naruko's happy expression fell, and she eyed her friend in fear, she could have a mean punch sometimes, so it was best to juat stay away, for safety.

"Sorry Ino" she didn't mean it, she really was glad she could avoid a shopping trip.

"You liar! I know you're anything but that , but I forgive you" the pale blonde girl stuck her nose in the air, But she was smiling so Naruko knew she wasn't really mad.