CC: Part Seven

Gideon glanced around and grabbed the first thing he saw - a stick from the throne that had been poking out at a weird angle.

The giant fairy looked confused. Then it narrowed its eyes.

Gideon raised the stick.

"Wait!" a tiny voice cried out.

Gideon stopped.

A fairy from the giant fairy creature flew from her fellow fairies and flew very close to Gideon's face. It didn't do anything, only inspect Gideon very, very closely.

"Um," Gideon said. "Can you get out of my face?"

He raised his tree branch to swat the fairy away, but with a snap of the fairy's fingers, the branch immediately fell to the ground.

Then the fairy giggled. "I like you," she said dreamily.

Gideon blinked.

Then another fairy joined the first one. "Ooh, he is cute," the second one giggled.

"I -" Gideon began.

Two more fairies joined the first two and they, too, started giggling and sighing. 

"Where do you get your hair done?" another fairy cooed, toying with a few strands of Gideon's hair

"Where do you get your hair done?" another fairy cooed, toying with a few strands of Gideon's hair. "Such a lovely color."

"Stop that." Gideon swatted the fairy away from his head, rubbing his head.

"Such a feisty one," another fairy remarked flirtily.

It wasn't long before at least twenty fairies swarmed around him, playing with his hair, hoodie strings, sneaker shoelaces, and they were all giggling. One by one, most of the fairies left their monster fairy creation and joined the swarm of laughing, flirty fairies.

Pandora growled. "Pay attention!" she shouted.

But the fairies didn't listen to her. One fairy plopped down on Gideon's shoulder and commented, "I gotta say, you're adorable."

"Um, thanks?" Gideon was distracted by a fairy lying stomach-down on his head, starting to play with his curly white hair. "Listen - I really need to save my -"

Gideon suddenly noticed Ford beside him, gently shaking his head. "If you have them distracted, then it'll be easier to save your cousin," Ford said in a low voice.

Gideon dared to nod, keeping his gaze on the fairies in front of him as they poked his nose curiously. In his peripheral vision, he watched Ford slowly sneak up to the distracted Pixie Queen.

Gideon took a cautious step towards Pacifica.

Immediately the fairies broke into choruses of "Where are going?" "What are you doing?" "Stay here, it's much better with us!" before collectively giggling again.

Gideon frowned. "Wait wait wait wait." He shook his head to clear his thoughts, and a few fairies flew off his head in surprise. "Let me get this straight. You all like me?"