Chapter : Fourteen - Other Half

Chapter : Fourteen – Other Half [Ebony Snow]

"Let's go talk to the fairies," Dere said suddenly.

Blinking at him, I let him see the confusion I felt. "Why?"

"Because they might be able to tell us what you're other half is."

After a moment, I nodded... then held my arms out in his direction. Dere paused in his movements of getting off the bed. Then he spun until he was covering my form head to toe. He didn't kiss me, instead, he nuzzled into my neck as my arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders. And this time, Dere wasn't the only one who scented my neck, drawing in my scent deep into his lungs. I did too. Inhaling his scent of home and safety, I felt a wet track trail down the side of my face, I hoped he didn't see it. Of course, he just couldn't play fair.

"Why are you crying my mate?" he didn't move, but his voice spoke of the concern he felt.

"Who says I'm crying?"

"Tears smell like rain. Why are you crying?"

"Cheat."

He chuckled before going quiet again, waiting for my answer.

"Someone really wants me dead, Dere," I whispered into his ear. Kissing the closest part of his face when he growled at my words, knowing he wasn't going to like the next. "What if they succeed next time?"

His growl made me flinch, but I'd managed to wind him up so much that he didn't care as long as he didn't scent fear, or so was my guess.

Squeezing him tighter, I sighed. "Let's go talk to the fairies."

I felt more than saw his nod of agreement. But he didn't move for a couple more moments. When he did, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up with him so that I could wrap my legs around his waist, arms around his neck so to not fall. Then he stood on the bed, still holding me. Stepping off the bed, he headed for the main room. I saw Sadb glance up at us in worry when he saw that I was being carried again.

Dere saw the glance as well. "She's not hurt. Move." The last was to Emer who was sitting on the couch.

I punched him gently on the shoulder, sending him a glare when he looked back at me. He raised a brow, so I mimicked the action.

He sighed, his shoulders dropping slightly. "Please move."

I grinned at him. It wasn't much better, but it was better than nothing. Emer rolled her eyes, pushing all the other fairies on the couch over so that there was enough space for Dere to sit down. Once he was sat, I moved to sit sideways on his lap. Resting my head on Dere's chest, I sighed, if I'd nearly died sooner, would I have sat on his lap sooner? Realising just how comfy he was sooner?

"So, what have we done to have the honour of your Alpha asses in the same room as ours?" Emer grinned as she said it.

I grinned back at her as Dere frowned with a little growl. "We want to know if you guys have figured out what my non-human half is yet."

The fairies looked at each other with near expressionless faces.

"We think you might be an elemental," Cai replied.

"What type?" Dere demanded.

"We don't know," Aoife replied. "There are so many..."

"We think her human half is making it harder for us to figure it out," Angel finished.

"But," Sadb started again. "Personally, I think she might be a dyad."

"Why a dryad?" Dere asked, his hand on my waist tightening for a moment.

"Yes, there are other earth elements that can move and speak with the trees. But not all of them can do that and speak to animals and make even an Alpha pause."

Dere sent Sadb a slight glare for the last.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!