Chapter 12: 10 Minutes of Fame

Kenji and Kairi had momentum on their side for a few weeks as they got under the skin of Adam Cole and Shayna Baszler, looking for title opportunities.

The next Takeover was in a few weeks at Portland, and NXT GM William Regal has confirmed two matches for the event:

Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish) (c) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Roderick Strong (c) vs. Kushida - Singles match for the NXT North American Championship

As for the NXT Championship and the NXT Women's Championship, Regal confirmed that Kenji and Kairi will face Cole and Baszler, but the two can get their title shots by defeating them in one on one matches within a 10 minute time limit and they can only win via pinfall or submission.

(In Kenji's locker room)

The Samurai saw the news, and knew he he has a huge obstacle between him and Cole; he must defeat the NXT Champion clean within 10 minutes. Kairi must do the same as well in her match against the NXT Women's Champion.

The Pirate Princess came into his locker room and sat on his lap.

Kairi: 10 minutes

Kenji: and it has to be a clean win; pinfall or submission

Kairi: we can do it, baby

Kenji: I know

Kairi: well since our matches aren't till later, we got plenty of time for this

Kenji smiled and knew what the Pirate Princess meant. Before he could do anything, Kairi held his face and gave him a passionate and wild kiss. Kairi pushed Kenji down on the couch as she slid her tongue in his mouth. Kairi moaned with satisfaction; the Samurai kissed her back with their tongues fighting for dominance, but the Pirate Princess won and put more passion and lust in the kiss.

After 10 minutes of a heated make out session, Kairi pulled back with a cute smile. The Pirate Princess was straddling the Samurai as she saw his funny surprised face.

Kairi: are you okay, baby?

Kenji: I-I'll be fine, just let me lay here and recover

Kairi giggled and got off of him. The Samurai regained his senses. He sat up and his Pirate girlfriend wrapped her arms around his neck and put her legs on his lap. The Samurai gently rubbed her leg as Kairi melted from his touch.

Kairi: I love you

Kenji: love you too

Kairi: I hope we win

Kenji: me too

The couple embraced and watched the show go underway as a preview of Takeover commences in a six man tag team match, the Undisputed Era vs. #DIY and Kushida.

In the end, the cunning and clever group of the Undisputed Era took the win as the NXT North American Champion won the match for his team after pinning Kushida with the End of Heartache.

With the win, the NXT champion Adam Cole has confidence going into the main event. However the match after the tag match is the women's match. The Pirate Princess was now ready for her 10 minute time limit match against Shayna Baszler.

Kairi: this will be tough

Kenji: but I know you can win this

Kairi: thanks baby

The Samurai gave her a good luck peck on her lips. As Kairi was about to leave, she felt a slap to her bottom from him.

Kairi turned around with a blushing smile on her face.