Chapter 30: Countdown to Brooklyn

(Four days before Takeover: Brooklyn)

Tonight's NXT was the go home show before Takeover at Brooklyn, and the main event for tonight was a tag team match between Matt Riddle and Keith Lee taking on Finn Balor and Adam Cole with Kenji serving as special guest referee.

Also, Kairi will team up with her challenger Tegan in tag team action before their high caliber match at Brooklyn.

In the locker room, the NXT Champion Kenji Cruz was studying, reviewing and analyzing all of his opponents to figure out each of their strengths and weak points.

Unbeknownst to him, Kairi sneakily went inside his locker room and walked up behind him. Then she put her hands over his eyes while she giggled.

Kairi: guess who?

Kenji: is it my cute Pirate Princess girlfriend?

Kairi removed her hands and sat down on his lap.

Kairi: what are you doing?

Kenji: just analyzing the competition, and I still don't know who is the sixth participant

Kairi: well what you can only do is to find out on Sunday

Kenji: yeah, you're right

Kairi smiled and caressed his cheeks with her hands while she leaned in and kissed him on the lips. Kenji instantly kissed her back while he softly strokes her thighs, which made Kairi shiver and melt from his gentle touch.

Then Kairi went down to kiss on his neck, making Kenji shiver and moan.

Kenji: K-Kairi-san...

Kairi giggled as she gently nibbled and sucked on his neck, knowing she got Kenji where she wants him. The Samurai tried to escape, but the Pirate Princess kept her grip on him. After a few minutes, Kairi pulled back all giggling and saw she left a small mark on his neck.

Kenji: Kairi-san...

Kairi: nani? It's not a big mark, you can hide it no problem

She giggled.

Kenji: hai, but I can still feel it tingle

Kairi: consider that a good luck charm

Kenji: babe, I'm just the referee for the match

Kairi: a very handsome referee

She blushed heavily.

The show started with a tag team match as the UE's Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish takes on Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza while Johnny and Tommaso were on commentary at ringside to scout their Brooklyn opponents.

Mendoza and Wilde had some offense, but the match was nearly all Fish and O'Reilly as the two UE members continued to constantly taunt the NXT Tag Team Champions at ringside, sending them a warning of what's to come at Takeover.

After wiping out Wilde, the UE members ended the match after hitting their tag team finisher from their days in Ring of Honor, Chasing the Dragon.

Ciampa and Gargano stood up and raised their titles while they verbally taunted their next challengers.

Up next is another tag team match as the champion and challenger team up; Kairi and Tegan taking on Aliyah and Vanessa Borne.

As the match started, the Pirate Princess and the Girl with Shiniest Wizard worked together like a well oiled machine against their opponents.

Tegan showed the Full Sail crowd that her knees were okay as she used her agility to ground Borne. Aliyah looked to help her partner, but she was caught in the grasp of Lady Kane, and got flatten by a chokeslam.

(Minutes later)

The NXT Women's Champion tagged herself in and took down Aliyah and Borne with a missile dropkick; then she took them down with forearms and a couple of spears.

(Fast forward towards the end)

After Aliyah was laid out thanks to a Shiniest Wizard, Tegan landed another one to Borne, and then tagged in Kairi to end it. The NXT Women's Champion climbed to the top turnbuckle and hits the Insane Elbow for the pinfall win for her and Tegan.

Kairi then raised her title and stared at her challenger down as both women are ready for Brooklyn in four days.

Then the two were ambushed by Aliyah and Borne, but Kairi and Tegan managed to fight them off. The two friends worked together as Tegan catapulted Kairi, and the Pirate Princess took down Vanessa and Aliyah with a diving elbow.

Then Kairi went back in the ring and continued to celebrate the win with Tegan.

It was now the tag team main event full of egos as the challengers for the NXT Championship ladder match collides as the Limitless One and the Original Bro goes up against the Prinxe and the Panama City Playboy while the Pinoy Samurai is the special guest referee.

The two men to start was Riddle and Cole. Then the two locked up and traded punches and blocked each other's kicks. Cole backed up and tagged in Balor. Finn turned his attention to the official which was Kenji, but the Prinxe paid for it as Riddle caught him with a German suplex.

Matt went for the pin, and Kenji counted, but the Bullet Club founder kicked out at one. Riddle dragged Balor to the corner and tagged in Keith. Riddle held Balor for Keith to hit the Grizzly Magnum to the chest.

(Fast forward)

Riddle was bringing hell to Cole and Balor as he hit high knees, dropkicks and German suplexes. Unbeknownst to him, Adam was measuring the Original Bro for the superkick; as Riddle turned around, Cole launched but Riddle got out of the way, and the kick hits Kenji instead.

Riddle capitalized with a Final Flash knee strike, and went for the pin, but Kenji was down, and unable to make the count. Matt got up and helped Kenji to his feet, however that was enough for Cole to sneak up and roll up Riddle, but the Original Bro kicked out.

(Fast forward towards the end)

Balor and Lee were the legal men, and he measured the Limitless One for the shotgun dropkick. As Finn launched, Lee rolled out of the way, making Balor hit Kenji instead. Then the match descended into chaos as Cole attacked Lee, causing the match to end in a no contest.

Matt joined in on the fray and attacked Cole and Lee, as the match at Brooklyn is every man for themselves. Kenji recovered and tore off his referee shirt and then joined in on the fight by connecting punches to Balor and Riddle.

While the five men brawled, the screen showed a countdown clock, showing how much time left before Takeover: Brooklyn with the words saying, "Countdown to Doomsday." Then the camera zoomed in on an object on stage which was an hourglass.

Back in the ring, the five men continued the brawl, and as the dust settled, the only one left standing was Keith, after the Limitless One nailed Kenji with a monstrous Spirit Bomb. Keith stood over Kenji's body while he raised the NXT title in the air.