Chapter Ten

Soren was speechless and I started to panic. Did he not feel the same way? Then he kissed the back of my hand, then my cheek, and finally my lips.

He pulled away after a few moments and rested his forehead against mine.

"My brothers and were cursed by Enyo, but Hera and Aphrodite gave us a way out. They gave us each a soulmate...someone who would be able to share our burden and help us heal," Soren explained, "We're drawn to our soulmates and we looked for them for centuries, but never found them. When Clary found Arrow...it gave the rest of us hope. My heart was drawn to you before you even arrived in Moonshell. It told me to stay in Moonshell and wait because you weren't here yet. You're my soulmate, Rose. I love you."

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I thought about how hard it must have been for him. A few tears began rolling down my cheeks.

"Don't cry," he told me as he gently wiped away my tears, "We're here and we're together now. What's done is done."

"Are you starting to heal?" I asked curiously.

"Admitting my feelings and being close to you is helping, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the next step," Soren admitted.

"And what's the next step?" I asked curiously.

"Letting you see my pain," he replied, "I'm just not sure if we're ready for that yet."

"Then we'll wait," I told him, "We'll wait until we're both ready."

"Thank you for understanding," he told me.

I nodded and he just held me close, not wanting to let me go now that we were together.

But our quiet, peaceful moment didn't last. I heard angry shouting and turned to find a woman with a crown standing next to Zeus. I assumed to woman was Hera. She slapped Zeus across his face. Soren noticed the commotion and winced.

"Well it looks like the party's over," Soren stated as Ryder, Arrow, Clarissa, and Nemesis approached us.

"That was a new record," Ryder stated.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Zeus always tends to flirt with any woman that walks into Olympus and Hera always takes offence to it," Ryder explained, "Although it took longer than usual for her to notice though."

"Hera isn't always like that though," Clarissa assured me, "She's actually really nice."

I nodded in understanding.

"Anyway, let's head back to the lake house before someone breaks out the swords and lightning bolts," Ryder stated.

We all nodded and went back inside so that Clarissa could say goodbye to her family. Then we headed back towards the glass elevator.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Allocate | Fated Four: Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें