Chapter Nine

We slithered through the darkness until we reached a waterfall in the woods. The waterfall was coming out of a cliff. I noticed that Nemesis, Arrow, Clarissa, Ryder, and Calix were already there waiting for us. Soren and I rose up from the ground and returned to our usual forms.

"Whoa," I said as I held my head.

"It takes some getting used to," Soren told me.

"Maybe you and Clary will be able to do that on your own someday," Arrow added.

"So what are we doing here?" I asked as I inclined my head towards the waterfall.

"Everything in this world is hidden from human eyes," Soren told me, "Even Olympus."

"Okay," I said slowly, still confused as to how we were going to get to Olympus. Soren smiled at me and the seven of us got closer to the waterfall.

Arrow cleared his throat and began to speak.

"I request access to the home of the Gods and Goddesses," he called out, "The sacred place of the Council of the Twelve Olympians. Let the entrance to Olympus be revealed."

I watched in awe as the waterfall parted like a curtain, revealing a cave behind it. We all walked into the cave and I watched as the waterfall returned to its natural state behind us, cutting off the only exit. There was no turning back now. I looked around and noticed that the floor of the cave was actually made of marble. There were a couple of pillars near the opening of the cave and they looked like the ones I'd seen in pictures of Greece. The walls of the cave were made of clear crystal, making the whole place look like a giant mirror. The coolest part was that there were words carved in Greek all over the crystal walls. There was a spiral staircase curving upwards and a glass elevator.

"Wow," I gasped in awe, "What are all these words?"

"They're names," Soren replied, "The names of every deity that has ever existed in the pantheon."

"Are your names here?" I asked.

"Yes," Soren replied.

That made me curious. I knew that the Moirai mentioned in the myths were Atropos, Lachesis, and Clotho. But there were Four Fates. I knew that Arrow was Atropos, but I didn't know who the others were.

We all got into the elevator and Arrow pressed a button. The elevator doors closed and it began to rise.

We floated up, going higher and higher, until we finally arrived at the top of the mountain. We were above the clouds. The elevator doors opened and we stepped out on to the mountain. I had never been up this high before. It was like we were walking on air, so it was surreal.

Then my gaze shifted and I noticed the massive palace of Olympus. It didn't look like a palace at first glance. It looked more like a city built into the mountain. Parts of the palace were on the lower part of the mountain top. The next level up had more parts of the palace. There was a building with massive columns at the very top of the mountaintop and I assumed that was where the throne room was, since it was the highest point of the palace. Zeus was the God of the Sky, so it was only natural that he'd want to be seated as close to it as possible.

It seemed like the whole palace was lit up for a party. Arrow turned to us.

"Be careful in there," he warned us, "As I'm sure you're both aware, many of the Gods are rather promiscuous. And some of them don't care that the person they're pursuing is already taken."

"Like Zeus, for instance," Ryder said as he rolled his eyes.

"Just be careful and stay close to any members of the House of Hades," Arrow told us, "Zeus may target you, Rose."