Chapter 25: The Age Of Monsters

(Y/n)'s POV

The time has finally come. The time we finally bring an end to the claws of dala's plans and take them down once and for all. All the hunter's in the guild went out into the wild to find all the other hybrids. As for me, I was walking around in the forest, trying to lure out A-24 and her comrades. They seem to hate me the most so I'd be the perfect bait.

However, I haven't had any luck yet.

(Y/n): seriously, I've been out here for hours now, where are they?!

It had been 12 hours since I went out into the forest and started just walking around. I was getting bored.

(Y/n): hm, I wonder how the others are doing.

Rex's POV

Rex: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Finn: QUIT YAPPING AND KEEP RUNNING!

Rex: WHY IS SHE SO FAST?!

Finn: WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, SHE'S A VALSTRAX HYBRID!

Rex: WE'RE SO DEAD!

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n): I'm sure they're fine.

I stopped walking for a moment and took a sip of water from my canteen. Suddenly, I began to hear the sound of wood cracking. I quickly looked to my right and saw a tall tree falling towards me.

???: TIIIMBEEEER!

I dove out the way of the tree. I crashed to the ground, just mere feet away from me. I got up and tried to process what just happened. I then heard something land behind me.

???: hey, A-23.

I turned and saw the rathalos hybrid from the attack during the winter festival.

???: Don't kill him just yet, R-45.

I turned to my left and saw the deviljho hybrid.

R-45: chill out, I-63, I wasn't gonna do anything.

(Y/n): you guys really call each other by your designations.

???: Of course we do.

I turned around and saw A-24 standing on the trunk of the fallen tree.

A-24: they were the names given to us by our mistress, and we bare those names with pride.

I sighed.

(Y/n): I doesn't have to be this way, ya know. We could work together.

A-24: our mistress knows what you and your friends are planning. It's not gonna stop her. Wether or not you can gather all the hybrid, mistress Pandora is always one step ahead.

I placed a hand on my forehead.

(Y/n): why the hell do you work for her? She sees you as nothing more than a tool

A-24: HOLD YOUR TONGUE!

Her reaction to my statement made me jump in surprise.

A-24: your lucky we were merely sent to retrieve you. If it were under any other circumstances you be dead where you stand, you traitor.

She then looked behind me and nodded.

(Y/n): what?

Suddenly, I felt something heavy impact against the back of my head and everything went black.

I woke up in a daze. My eyes opened and I found myself in a fancy looking living room. There was a lit fireplace iat the far end of the room. I sat up and rubbed the back of my head and noticed metal shackles around my wrists.